Digital Distortion Adding a Second Reverb

APE

Inspired
Why do I get digital distortion with the second reverb, if it is disabled (as shown below)? How do I get around that problem?

upload_2018-8-22_14-20-17.png

There is no warning before failure?
90% is the warning, as covered in the manual, past 90 and things will distort. Removing that second cab block that isn’t connected into output will save you some CPU %, also if your reverbs are set to high, try normal... past that maybe there’s some unused effects blocks that could be removed...

90% is the warning, as covered in the manual, past 90 and things will distort. Removing that second cab block that isn’t connected into output will save you some CPU %, also if your reverbs are set to high, try normal... past that maybe there’s some unused effects blocks that could be removed...

In my experience 92% or 93% is basically the max you can push the XL+. As soon as it hits 94% digital sh it starts hitting the fan. And looking at that preset 2 cab and 2 reverb blocks eats up cpu power like crazy. Add in a tubescreamer drive block and all those modulation blocks and no wonder you're hitting 96%.

If you feel 2 cab and 2 reverb blocks are essential then you should learn to build song specific presets that have those as their foundation, and only add anything else if you actually need it for that song. You can get by with the XL+ cpu limitations, they were in no way as bad as in my Pod HD 500, but you have to learn to be creative.

Multi delay takes a fair bit of cpu if I remember correctly.
Remember that all the blocks are using cpu even if bypassed.

90% was about the max I could safely get, when I had my IIXL.
The unused reverb probably uses a bit of cpu.
If your cabs are UR and stereo, that will use a bit, too.
Multidelay is a pretty heavy user.
You're pretty significantly into the digital overload range, at 96%.
If you're not using the phaser, chorus, flanger, compressor, etc, dump a couple of them, as well.

Back
Top Bottom