Digital crackle using 4CM ...

gibsonash

Experienced
Hello !
I get these noises (clicks/pop) only when I use 4CM .It occurs after the guitar sound has faded (one ,two or three shorts pop )...Maybe it occurs also when I play but I can't really tell (my sound is too loud)

When I Use the fractal in a normal way (not 4CM) , there's no issues...

If you want to hear what it's like : http://yanlher.free.fr/Digital pops 4CM Axe FXII.mp3
Must be listen loud to hear the cliks/pop .

Any Ideas ? Anyone already had this problem ?

Thanks

PS : firmware 11.0 Beta

Last edited:
You man need the "procedure." The "procedure" is only recommended if you are are going to utilize the 4CM method routinely. You send your Axe back to the shop and they perform the procedure on output 2. When the Axe-Fx II was returned, all noises, hiss, etc were drastically reduced. I also purchased humbuster cables and HumX plugs for all devices in my rig. Also you must closely follow the instructions in the manual (pay close attention to adjusting to 18%). My rig is now quiet and amazing. I use a Marshall 10 watt YJM with 4-12 Marshall cab, a Diezel Herbert with 4-12 cab, and the Axe-Fx II (extremely high gain amp with the Herbert). If you have questions about the procedure, contact the support team. They are also amazing.

"the procedure" is already done , humbuster done too , no problem at all with hiss or hum , do you listen to my link to hear my problem before post ?

Can you post the preset. Almost sounds like you have something attached to the envelope controller.

Okey...here my results: No noise, crackle, buzzing etc. at all! CPU load of your patch is around 67% - this is not an issue I guess! Most be something in your setup!

A few tipps:

Disconnect everything on your axefx - no mfc or any other midi controller, no usb connection to a computer, no expression pedals etc. - just you, the guitar, your cables for 4CM, a pair of headphones and the axefx.....and sorry, most important - your amp! Make sure you're using humbuster cables. Open a new patch - load just an fxloop and the cabinet block, nothing else - try again! If your crackle is still there - try different cables, maybe some isolation boxes (1:1 nf transformer - I used a Palmer PLI05 on my standard when using 4cm - always worked great -> PLI05 Palmer PRO BALUN - Boîtier d'Isolation Ligne 2 Canaux (in french specially for you :D ). If the crackle is still there a this point, contact support (G66)

hope you'll find it soon! Best wishes!

cheers
Paco

Thanks Paco ! I already try all this tipps with same result . I will try with another Axe FX to be sure it s not the Magic Machine ...
I ll be back !

Okey...here my results: No noise, crackle, buzzing etc. at all! CPU load of your patch is around 67% - this is not an issue I guess! Most be something in your setup!

A few tipps:

Disconnect everything on your axefx - no mfc or any other midi controller, no usb connection to a computer, no expression pedals etc. - just you, the guitar, your cables for 4CM, a pair of headphones and the axefx.....and sorry, most important - your amp! Make sure you're using humbuster cables. Open a new patch - load just an fxloop and the cabinet block, nothing else - try again! If your crackle is still there - try different cables, maybe some isolation boxes (1:1 nf transformer - I used a Palmer PLI05 on my standard when using 4cm - always worked great -> PLI05 Palmer PRO BALUN - Boîtier d'Isolation Ligne 2 Canaux (in french specially for you :D ). If the crackle is still there a this point, contact support (G66)

hope you'll find it soon! Best wishes!

cheers
Paco

I m back ! Same problem with another axe fx II and same problem with another head ..!!
So it s NOT : the cables (humbuster or not), not my computer (same problem with real power amp/guitar cab) , not the firmware (the other axe i try is 10.09 or so ...)
Really need help . Please check the sample (attached Files above) loud ...
Thanks all in advance !

i´m having the same problem...crackling comes with inserting the axe front input/out2-signal...having it set up like this:

guitar- g-lab gsc5: loop1, 2: some pedals, loop3: axe front/out2...some other pedals....loop 12: send to herbert front input- herbert speaker out- custom box with line out - speaker out to cab
- line out to palmer line isolator in - palmer out to axe return - axe out1 - matrix gt800 - cabs

now it´s working great...i´m hardly using loop3 (axe fx before the herbert), but when i do (for some wah or so), i get this crackling noise...

I was having mine setup yesterday and we heard that crackle wound up being I had one cable into a mac that was not being used and I was trying to go through another mac with sound card and it was giving us fits.. wound up being that cable being plugged into another mac for recording when we fixed that issue the crackle stopped.

We tried 1/4 inch cables and xlr and it still crackled but it was that cable the usb cable from axe 2 into that other mac and it was trying to draw information from other mac and
it was not getting what it wanted thus the crackle.

We solved that issue by taking the usb out at first it sounded like dust could have been the problem like a dirty connection but it was caused all from that usb cable.
Try another usb cable or make sure its not plugged in the wrong slot it can fry stuff.

I had this problem yesterday it took an hour to find if that does not help contact FUNERAL here his name is John if he cant fix it
ill eat my shoes..

He knocked all my problems out like whack a mole game yesterday here just eliminated all my problems with the axe 2.
I know John will figure it out no question.

Back
Top Bottom