Digital Bath (Deftones cover)

MetalSlab

Inspired
Pretty basic Diezel and Uberschall panned L/R for the chorus with a very dark tap delay for the cleans.

...going to finish off / redo the vox (when I no am no longer experiencing nasal congestion)

[updated - below]

Last edited:
Great work man! Did you use a backing track or did you record the whole thing yourself? I would be interested in the backing track if it is available :)

Thanks all for the kind words.

I recorded everything from scratch - no backing tracks I'm afraid.

Here's a bit more detail about the recording process:

Bass & guitars - AxeFx (of course!!)
Drums - My mate, Alex, on my Roland TD-12 e-kit into Superior Drummer 2 - we modified one of the Andy Sneap presets I think. (Al is an absolute beast of a drummer!)
Synth - Spectrasonics Omnisphere and a basic midi keyboard
Vox - AKG condenser into tube pre into Firestudio Mobile into Izotope's 'Nectar' plugin
...all recorded and mastered using Logic Pro 9 on my Macbook!

Pretty painless way to record. (This sort of thing used to take me weeks prior to things like the AxeFx and the beauty of modern studio software!).

Thanks for checking it out. Hope you liked it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sounds really good man. Sounds like you're holding back just a bit during the chorus though vocal wise.

THanks for the feedback and I agree with you about the vox. Unfortunately, I was straining a bit as this was about the limit of my vocal range!

I just remastered it and added a bit more punch to the vocal track to compensate. When I get home (working away at the moment), I may re-record them.

Back
Top Bottom