Digging FM3 - I choose the 50 Watt jumped plexi amp model. Start with micro boost >TS808 mod> 50 watt Plexi/ increasing gain along the way.

Jim Barraza

Just looking for like-minded people that may have any suggestions regarding how to make the 50 watt jumped Plexi settings optimal or even more menacing like a soundtrack from Hell. When I play nowadays. I feel like Toni Iommi in the late 70's / early 80's. \m/
Or if you have any other similar amp model suggestions to try that produce Priest/ Sabbath tones. Got the Rythm tone down. just need to get a good lead tone .

The Dirty Shirley has been my go to amp as of late. I have a preset that I am using that goes from edge of breakup to balls out rock. Super versatile amp. For more of a sabbathy tone, try the Legend 100, which is the Steve Vai Carvin amp. I don't see a lot of people talk too much about that one but it's got a lot of gain and lower midrange and it's is killer. It has a unique character that is unlike the Boogies or Marshalls.

The Marshalls in the Fractal units are GLORIOUS! I don't find I need to do much tweaking to
get them in the 70's to 80's ballpark when Marshalls ruled the world.

There were not many boost/od pedals in Iommi's time, so try a Treble Booster in front
of a Marshall---even if Tony didn't use Marshalls.

Just thinking out loud here, but it would be awesome if there was a Laney Supergroup
or Orange OR80 or OR120 in the Amp Block.

Just looking for like-minded people that may have any suggestions regarding how to make the 50 watt jumped Plexi settings optimal or even more menacing like a soundtrack from Hell. When I play nowadays. I feel like Toni Iommi in the late 70's / early 80's. \m/
Or if you have any other similar amp model suggestions to try that produce Priest/ Sabbath tones. Got the Rythm tone down. just need to get a good lead tone .
Don’t forget tweaking the variac…

Check out the Input Trim. Very effective when it comes to increasing gain. And you could boost some frequencies on the Input EQ page. The frequencies between 800 and 1000 Hz come to mind. Q around 0,5, boost between 3 and 6 Db. And of course the Input Boost and the Saturation Switch on the Preamp page.

Back
Top Bottom