Difficulty assigning new multi switch

Intheband

Inspired
I have a NU X multi A/B switch pugged into pedal 2. I am using a Ycable. I have gone to I/O page and set pedal 2 to 2 switches, tip ring. I have gone to the FC page on Fm3 edit and selected master layout. I want to add a global filter boost to multi switch A. The filter is assigned in the preset. I have selected 4 on the edit master layout page, selected effect, filter, bypass. Save. No connection. What am I missing?

Why master layout? I was advised to use a layout I would not be using. Everything works fine with 2 switches in pedal 2 output-I am also using a Y cable.
I think master layout would be the last layout I would want to mess with.

I was just following to help video on YouTube, that’s what he was using.
I'm not sure which video "the help video on YouTube" is, but the Master Layout is how you navigate to the other layouts. I wouldn't mess with that unless I was trying to change layout navigation. That's why there's a warning when you go to edit it.

I'd pick a switch on a different layout.

Ok, here is the video. He talks about master layout around 11 min.
I think I found a section I missed on the hardware FC page, page over to stand in switch. I need to look at that closer.

Ok, here is the video. He talks about master layout around 11 min.
Okay, I get it. He went to the Master Layout Menu because he knew there was an empty switch location there where he could assign a stand-in switch.

I think I found a section I missed on the hardware FC page, page over to stand in switch. I need to look at that closer.
Let us know how that turns out.

update, so the view and wrap only works as specified below. To get preset banks to move, I have to use another function and select bank instead.

Yeah, I missed a major part in the video going back and forth to the manual. It seems to be working . The only problem I have now is setting the hold function to bank and wrap. I select “view” and the number of pages, and it is advancing and wrapping, but the wrong section. It’s not banking or wrapping presets, it’s moving the switches section. After setting everything up in master layout, I go back to layout 1 and press hold, nothing happens. I look at the edit and I see the “switches” option moving around and wrapping instead.
im thinking maybe it’s not designed to advance pages of presets and only for the options in the master layout, ie, preset, scenes, effects, channels, looper etc.

Last edited:
update, so the view and wrap only works as specified below. To get preset banks to move, I have to use another function and select bank instead.

Yeah, I missed a major part in the video going back and forth to the manual. It seems to be working . The only problem I have now is setting the hold function to bank and wrap. I select “view” and the number of pages, and it is advancing and wrapping, but the wrong section. It’s not banking or wrapping presets, it’s moving the switches section. After setting everything up in master layout, I go back to layout 1 and press hold, nothing happens. I look at the edit and I see the “switches” option moving around and wrapping instead.
im thinking maybe it’s not designed to advance pages of presets and only for the options in the master layout, ie, preset, scenes, effects, channels, looper etc.
Views are for changing your view of a layout on the FM3 or an FC. They don’t have anything to do with presets.

Every layout has 12 switches. A View is a window into those switches. So the first view on the FM3 is SW1-3, second is 4-6, etc. Switching views applies to the current layout.

Back
Top Bottom