Different type guitars translating thru the Axe-Fx III

The clarity of signal and ridiculously low noise floor highlights the differences in guitar construction, wood types, pickup variations, tone pot values...way more clearly than you can hear running through an amp. Try just listening to the input 1 DI and compare the fundamental of two different guitars...wood=mechanical EQ.

That's the reason why I've always been wishing for a Fractal Audio V-Guitar Modeler. Like the mighty Roland VG99 but with Fractal Audio quality. With the current state of technology, maybe it shouldn't even need to use a hex-pickup, just the regular pickups.

Besides using and tone-matching CAB IR's, we would also be dealing with IR's for pickups, guitar bodies, basses, all kind of stringed instruments, synths and strange devices :cool:

It would be the definitive end of GAS for guitars and pickups
I have thought it would be cool if Fractal made an IR based brain for electronic drum kits. Different IRs for snare, toms, bass, cymbals, high hat, etc. Even the high end kits I have seen have pretty rigid brains. Seem to allow loading of entire kits, not each component. To be able to mix and match IRs for each component in a kit and having Fractal’s sound quality would be a game changer IMO.

I have thought it would be cool if Fractal made an IR based brain for electronic drum kits. Different IRs for snare, toms, bass, cymbals, high hat, etc. Even the high end kits I have seen have pretty rigid brains. Seem to allow loading of entire kits, not each component. To be able to mix and match IRs for each component in a kit and having Fractal’s sound quality would be a game changer IMO.

Superior Drummer 3

Back
Top Bottom