Different OUT1 / OUT2 Volume

jarabuandi

Experienced
Hi all,
this has been bothering me for a while now. I've notice that the OUT2 is clipping. I've checked the Global menu settings and OUT1 and OUT2 show not differences. I've also checked the VU meter and there definitely a 3-4 DB difference (hence the clipping). BTW, OUT1 is echo'd to OUT2.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the global Out 1 & Out 2 EQs for differences?

Do you have a pedal set to control Out 1 or Out 2 volume, or a switch configured for global boost on one output?

Is there an FX Loop block in the preset? (This will override the Out 2 Echo setting.)

Also verify that Out 1 & Out 2 boost/pad values are the same. I don't think this will cause different onscreen meter levels, but it could be a partial cause of the clipping.

@Bakerman....can I just compensate by adjusting the level in the Global EQ for OUT2? Or is there a better/recommended option?
If you are boosting EQ frequencies, then the Level/Gain slider is there for the specific purpose of reducing the overall level to compensate for that boost.

If EQ differences are driving you into clipping, you might want to consider lowering the preset's overall volume level.

@Rex I use OUT2 for FOH and keep OUT1 for my EV ZLX. I guess just lowering a couple of DB on OUT2 will avoid messing round with all my presets.

@Rex I use OUT2 for FOH and keep OUT1 for my EV ZLX. I guess just lowering a couple of DB on OUT2 will avoid messing round with all my presets.
Exactly. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a long-term solution to prevent this problem from recurring. If you lower the levels of all your presets to bring them into the neighborhood of 0 dB on the VU meters, then even the most radical EQ isn't likely to drive you into clipping.

Exactly. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a long-term solution to prevent this problem from recurring. If you lower the levels of all your presets to bring them into the neighborhood of 0 dB on the VU meters, then even the most radical EQ isn't likely to drive you into clipping.

Looks like I'll have to do this. Gonna be busy he next few days!

If they're level matched you could just lower the global EQ gain. This works fine unless you need to lower them more than the slider's range allows.

I've tried your @Bakerman and 2 DB were enough to bring OUT1 and OUT2 to the same level. Mind you OUT2 goes to FOH and don't want that signal to clip. In the long run I'll have to go with @Rex's options and re-check my presets.

Back
Top Bottom