Different layouts on different presets

kavevester

Inspired
Really tried here and cant make different layouts on my FC-12 for different presets.

Preset 1 contains a phaser and no pitch (make layout accordingly - ex layout 1 pre-made)
Preset 2 contains a trem-pan and pitch (make layout accordingly - ex layout 2 pre-made)

but no no

If I have chosen layout 1 it stays there until I manually in Axe edit change to another layout.
Anybody? How do I set it up to change layout related to the content of the preset???

Layouts are global, they don't change when presets change.

What DOES change are Per-Preset overrides, so work with those.

I'd recommend reading the Foot Controllers manual and the Footswitch Functions Guide while looking at the FC editor as you're missing some fundamentals about how the system works. Building layouts is as much an art as building a good preset, and there's no overlap in how they work so there's a learning curve. Be aware that those two manuals assume you're working from the front panel, which is different than using the Editor. The Editor's GUI makes it easier, but it also hides detail that's good to understand.

I'd also recommend snooping around in the factory layouts first, starting with layout 9 (without changing anything), then 8, then the rest of them. Looking at the factory layouts allows you to try changing things and then resetting back to the default if you screw something up. It makes a nice sandbox to play in while we experiment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom