Different effects in one block/PC

SLGuitar

Greetings!
This may seem a little complicated but I cannot seem to find the correct search terms.

I am trying to find out if different effects can be used within the same block on the same preset. For example, I call up a Preset. Can I have a midi CC to turn on a pitch harmonizer of 4ths(CC1) and then another CC change that to 5ths(CC2) without changing the Preset or PC?

Hopefully this is not too confusing!

The type of effect in a block is fixed. But you change some parameters in that effect through scene changing, switches/pedals, MIDI CCs etc. The Pitch isn one of them.

You can attach a controller to change the pitch with an external pedal. whammy style. Just set the range from 4-5.

You could also have 2 blocks. Pitch 1 block set to 4ths and Pitch 2 set to 5ths and toggle one off and the other on. Easy if you have big feet!

Might be better to use an expression pedal to blend the two blocks. Extreme ends of the range of motion would have the level of each of the blocks at zero. Better than switch, probably.

You can change any parameter in a block using X/Y. That said, some X/Y changes can cause artifacts like dropouts, pops, or pitch warbles. It depends on what you are changing. For example, changing between filter slopes can cause pops, while changing between delay or reverb times can cause pitch warbles in the decay. Switching between multiple blocks can be totally seamless but uses more CPU, so it's a trade off.

Scenes is one of the best features on the Axe, definitely learn as much as you can about it. By the way, scenes will solve your issue, you set one scene to us the pitch block X and one to use pitch block Y and now you have 2 harmonies available at any time.

Back
Top Bottom