Different Delays?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
What are the main differences between Delay, Plex Delay, Multi-Tap Delay and 10 Tap Delay? These are 4 separate blocks and all seem to be in same family. What are the characteristics of each and their most intended purposes?

They are all in the same family in general, but because they are split you get way more blocks to use in a preset. Honestly, the best way to see the difference between these blocks is to experiment with them.

If you haven't checked out the manual, I would highly recommend it. Each block type design is laid out in clarity in the manual with their types defined.

They are all in the same family in general, but because they are split you get way more blocks to use in a preset. Honestly, the best way to see the difference between these blocks is to experiment with them.

If you haven't checked out the manual, I would highly recommend it. Each block type design is laid out in clarity in the manual with their types defined.
Ya but organization wise I'm surprised it isn't all in Delay Block and then just have Delay 1,2,3,4 etc. Not a big deal, just seems broken up and not consistent with other blocks. Again, not really a request, just spit balling.

Ya but organization wise I'm surprised it isn't all in Delay Block and then just have Delay 1,2,3,4 etc. Not a big deal, just seems broken up and not consistent with other blocks. Again, not really a request, just spit balling.

Different algorithms, different parameters, different CPU requirements. Would be very confusing and not useful at all to stuff all these in a single block type.

The same reason there's dedicated chorus and flanger blocks. You can get a lot of those tones by tweaking the delay block modulation controls, but having dedicated blocks means the algo's can be optimised for better workflow and CPU usage.

The same reason there's dedicated chorus and flanger blocks. You can get a lot of those tones by tweaking the delay block modulation controls, but having dedicated blocks means the algo's can be optimised for better workflow and CPU usage.

This.

Not to mention so you can use instances of each at will instead of being limited to just a blanket "Delay Block" that you can only have four of. I have presets with four delays, a plex delay, and multi delays, and a multi tap.

This.

Not to mention so you can use instances of each at will instead of being limited to just a blanket "Delay Block" that you can only have four of. I have presets with four delays, a plex delay, and multi delays, and a multi tap.

Is that patch called Art Vandelay by any chance?
upload_2019-1-3_6-45-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-3_6-45-38.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-3_6-45-38.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom