Different dedicated firmware

Dou you like dedicated firmware idea?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Smilzo

Fractal Fanatic
This is not really a wish list. It's an idea sharing starting post... :mrgreen:

If the code is getting close to consume all CPU/memory, what about split the code into many axefx? Obviously it's up to Cliff/Fractal select algos and make firmware... some ideas to start...
(they could be applied to standard, ultra or both)

• AmpFx: a firmware dedicated to amp and cab only [/*:m:2k09040f]
  • StudioFx: a collection of effect intended for studio effect[/*:m:2k09040f]

The hardware is capable of doing this and much more...

(before everyone yells at me for this i'm half kidding but it would be cool as hell :lol: . And I know nothing about engineering or programming so it's all nonsense probably)

or make the Axe Rack that you buy components for like

Axe Master Controller Rack unit (interface/routing/programming) that can control optional components
like:
Axe- AmpSim Rack unit (more resolution and complex modelling)
Axe- CabSim Rack unit (hold everything you ever wanted and have higher res)
Axe- Fx Rack unit
Axe- Reverb unit (could have huge convolution reverb lol)

each with dedicated processors so they can be super versions of each aspect.

a boy can dream but i'd pay for it. I'd pay extra for any tonal improvment i think lol.

Cliff did mention before that he doesn't want to support different versions of firmware,

Mik.

javajunkie said:
I think it would be better of as entirely different product w/ balanced ins/outs
I could live with the actual unbalanced ones.... :lol:

rsf1977 said:
each with dedicated processors so they can be super versions of each aspect.

The processor is RISC, made to do a lot of things without changing circuits... or dedicate circuit/topology needed... :roll:

I remember Cliff said he didn't want to expand firmware, but that was an antire different subject. Think of firmware as products. You can buy the hardware with a choosen firmware, and add other firmware(s) as needed... the updates are free of charge, like today's one.

It's up to Fractal obviously choose the target market... guitar, studio production, etc... it's an opportunity to add users without developing new hardware...

:!: :eek: I forgot to tell you the real reason... for amp-fx...

I was thinking that a model for SE amps could be added... as a separate block... and another kind of distortion block could also be added... for the most advanced musician... not circuit related... 4 block... in parallel...

Champ 6V6, Univalve, P1, and so on could be added... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom