Different controllers per channel?

gdgross

Experienced
HI all, is it possible to have different controllers set up for different channels of the same block?

my main application would be using a wah block as a traditional expression pedal controlled device on channel 1, and a envelope controlled Mu-tron kind of device on channel two. it seems that FM3 edit assigned the controller for all channels of the block.

Is this possible, or must I use two blocks for this?

A modifier source can only be set to be ACTIVE on ALL or any ONE channels, so I think you'll need two blocks.

I wonder about using two channels of controllers, where ADSR does your envelope auto-wah on channel A, while in Channel B the ADSR is set super fast so only the sustain phase really matters, then use the SUSTAIN LEVEL parameter for your pedal wah.

Last edited:
Yep, seems to work. Just be sure to park the pedal in a down position while on the Auto-Wah channel.
One caveat is that you can no longer use Auto Engage.

Last edited:
Yep, seems to work. Just be sure to park the pedal in a down position while on the Auto-Wah channel.
One caveat is that you can no longer use Auto Engage.
Cool solution M@ - I'll play with this tonight. I don't use auto engage anyway (just can't get away from that toe switch), so it actually ought to work better for this situation. (also i like using the exp pedal for other parameter controls too, and don't want my wah popping on when i do that!)

There is a difference between ADSR and Envelope wah though: one is touch TRIGGERED and the other is touch SENSITIVE.

(PS: On the Axe-Fx III, you have dual-source modifiers, which changes this whole conversation!)

I have thought for a while now that the ability to assign a different modifier to each channel of the same block on the Axe would be incredible. I know you're talking about the FM3 here, but I think it's a good wish for both units!

There is a difference between ADSR and Envelope wah though: one is touch TRIGGERED and the other is touch SENSITIVE.

(PS: On the Axe-Fx III, you have dual-source modifiers, which changes this whole conversation!)
right - i've not tried an auto wah before with an ADSR controller - we'll see how i like it!

worst case, I use two blocks.

Back
Top Bottom