Differences between US and EU

Thunderfury

Hi,

Next week I will be in US for a couple of weeks and I've been thinking about purchase the Axe-Fx II XL+. Are there any significant differences between EU and US versions? Correct me if I'm wrong but voltage should be the same? Power cord is probably different as the sockets in US and my place of living are different but that should not be a problem if I will buy analogue power cord locally.

Power system is not the same. US power is 120 volts, 60 Hz. EU power is mostly 220-230 volts, 50 Hz. However, the Axe's power supply can accept both, so you'll only need a different power cord or an adapter for the plug. Yeah, the warranty is most likely different between US and EU. I believe Fractal will only accept warranty returns from the US and Canada. Fractal's European distributor G66 handles warranty issues over there.

Power system is not the same. US power is 120 volts, 60 Hz. EU power is mostly 220-230 volts, 50 Hz. However, the Axe's power supply can accept both, so you'll only need a different power cord or an adapter for the plug. Yeah, the warranty is most likely different between US and EU. I believe Fractal will only accept warranty returns from the US and Canada. Fractal's European distributor G66 handles warranty issues over there.

to confirm:
the power is fine…
I'm in the UK and got my Axe in the US
the Axe sorts the voltage out itself..
you simply need the right power cable

EDIT: btw UK and Eire power is 240v 50Hz, continental Europe is 220v 60Hz

to confirm:
the power is fine…
I'm in the UK and got my Axe in the US
the Axe sorts the voltage out itself..
you simply need the right power cable

EDIT: btw UK and Eire power is 240v 50Hz, continental Europe is 220v 60Hz
No we're on 50Hz too ;)
60 Hz is USA

230V 50Hz is most common world wide by far. It's mostly North America and a few others that are 120V 60Hz. It always varies a bit too. US grid commonly fluctuates somewhere between 110V to 120V depending on location and demand. 117-118 is pretty normal for my area. According to the manual, the Axe II can handle anything from 100 to 240 Volts, 47 to 63 Hz so it's got it all covered.

240v here in the UK. I felt every single one of them when I wired a diode to a mains plug and plugged it in before screwing the back on the plug when I was 8.

@HarrySound Wow, you got started tinkering early (age 8)! ;) Glad it ended decently (assumed as you are still here). Years ago I replaced the fan motor on our outside A/C unit and got me a nice 240V zap (swore the lockout was pulled, doh!)! Kicked me about 6 ft away from the unit. My son was there and asked me if I was just teasing (as if I'd jumped rather than it jolting me), but got this horror look on his face when I explained it wasn't me playing around.

Ha!
Yeah I was young. My dad was an engineer so I guess I wanted to try it out for myself. He was impressed that I wired it up correctly though....
Man, being electrocuted is not fun! As you obviously know :) That's probably why I remember it so well.

Luckily here in the EU the voltage standard is 230v +10%/-6%.

This is handy as it means that I can throw 253v AC at my power amp for trve kvlt maximum brootalz, as I believe young people and gangsta rappers say.

YVMV

Back
Top Bottom