Differences between FM3 & Axe-Fx III Effects Blocks

eric_

Hi,
Just wondering in terms of effect blocks where the FM3 is behind with regards to the Axe-Fx III? I'm not talking about the number of instances of an effect or anything to do with CPU limitations - I'm aware of all of that. I'm more concerned about which blocks are identical to their Axe-FX III counterparts (same algorithms, same effect sub-types, same parameters etc.) and where there are differences. So far I'm aware of the following that are not yet up-to-date:

Pitch Block (seemingly being worked on according to an update I saw on TGP last week)
Drive Block (not sure if this is still being worked on or if the latest update on the Axe-Fx III is not feasible on the FM3)

Are there any other noticeable differences? Just to clarify I'm not talking about amp modelling.

Hi,
Just wondering in terms of effect blocks where the FM3 is behind with regards to the Axe-Fx III? I'm not talking about the number of instances of an effect or anything to do with CPU limitations - I'm aware of all of that. I'm more concerned about which blocks are identical to their Axe-FX III counterparts (same algorithms, same effect sub-types, same parameters etc.) and where there are differences. So far I'm aware of the following that are not yet up-to-date:

Pitch Block (seemingly being worked on according to an update I saw on TGP last week)
Drive Block (not sure if this is still being worked on or if the latest update on the Axe-Fx III is not feasible on the FM3)

Are there any other noticeable differences? Just to clarify I'm not talking about amp modelling.
Pretty much the main 3
pitch drive cab(ultrares)

the drive block is coming its in beta

the ultrares cabs are coming too(confirmed by Fractal)

the pitch you mentioned they are working on , while it may never be exactly the same if they have already successfully ported the “pitch detection “ algo it should see
some improvements coming

It would be great to have a usable virtual capo, even if that meant eliminating other effects, usiing reverb economy mode, etc.
my goal for pitch would be to have something as good as the digidrop
but even the drop will start to get latency and artifacts if you go to far
up to about 3 or 4 semitones it fairly stable after that not so much

Pitch block is first in chain. Back to my first position...would be nice to have the Axe III level virtual capo even though it meant reducing other stuff. Sure beats bringing another guitar or retuning.

Is it possible to do drop tuning with the pitch block? I mean, the guitar on E standard and going drop D with pitch block?

Thanks

Is it possible to do drop tuning with the pitch block? I mean, the guitar on E standard and going drop D with pitch block?

Thanks
no. you can't detune just one string if the pitch detector hears all strings at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom