Difference between OH 412 MAR-CB GB-M25 and the GNR pack?

Random Hero

Inspired
I have both but they sound vastly different - the GNR pack sounds a lot more wild and raw to me.

Anybody have tips for dialling it in? I find the original M25 set far easier to get a familiar sound with.

I have both but they sound vastly different - the GNR pack sounds a lot more wild and raw to me.

Anybody have tips for dialling it in? I find the original M25 set far easier to get a familiar sound with.

I don't have the MAR-CB pack. I found a combination in the GNR pack that for me beats out every IR I try. I believe the MRBW's are included in the GNR pack so you should have access to these. Here's a screen shot of my 'money' IR setup. My cuts are 90 & 9000. If you try it, I'd be curious to see how it works for you.
OH 412 MRBW 2IR.png

I don't have the MAR-CB pack. I found a combination in the GNR pack that for me beats out every IR I try. I believe the MRBW's are included in the GNR pack so you should have access to these. Here's a screen shot of my 'money' IR setup. My cuts are 90 & 9000. If you try it, I'd be curious to see how it works for you.
View attachment 55310

Interessting will try this. I use mainly MRBW Raw OH2-M+ on almost any amp. :cool:

WOW.. They almost sound identical. The OH2-M+ sounds a tad darker or duller to my ears. But if there's ever any 'phasiness' that appears from using two IR's like I've suggested I would go to the OH2. The combination that I suggested has a little more life to my ears. But the OH2 you suggested is the first IR that has gotten that close. I've mixed 57/121 single IR's from OH and other vendors. So far my bread and butter combo wins out.

That being said, I do like the factory Orange v30 IRs. I don't really use them but they have such a cool, ripping tone to them. I almost always include them and the 5153's when I run through my IR audition 'process'....Which is nothing more than setting up a bank of presets with the same amp and drive and having 8 to 16 different IR's to switch through.

WOW.. They almost sound identical. The OH2-M+ sounds a tad darker or duller to my ears. But if there's ever any 'phasiness' that appears from using two IR's like I've suggested I would go to the OH2. The combination that I suggested has a little more life to my ears. But the OH2 you suggested is the first IR that has gotten that close. I've mixed 57/121 single IR's from OH and other vendors. So far my bread and butter combo wins out.

That being said, I do like the factory Orange v30 IRs. I don't really use them but they have such a cool, ripping tone to them. I almost always include them and the 5153's when I run through my IR audition 'process'....Which is nothing more than setting up a bank of presets with the same amp and drive and having 8 to 16 different IR's to switch through.

Well that#s why I prefere the OH2 as it is a bit darker and for me better for playing loud with my Matrix Q12a's.

I wouldn’t be surprised if thats a 57/121 mix.

Sorry I forgott to say it's the OH 412 MRBW Raw CL2-M+ which is a classic rock mix from OH using only condensers and ribbons and the CL2 version is slightly darker than the CL1. M+ means added Mids.

I don't recall seeing the CL1 or CL2 versions, not to say they are not there. But I'll look for them tonight to compare them. So far, I find myself gravitating towards a 57/121 or a 57/160 combo, the latter being from YA's mix. The OH combo I'm using is very bright and it records well, IMO. But I have not been able translate that to loud/gig levels. So I'm very interested in trying the darker OH2 or if I can find them the CL2 versions of the same.

All that being said, I'm anxious for the far field stuff to come out.

Back
Top Bottom