Diezel

Great Clips! I just installed 7.0 in my Axe II today and did a comparison to my real Herbert and it was spot on! I actually like the Axe II a little better because it's a bit easier to tame than the real deal. Ha! Ha!

I'm loving the VH-4 in 7.0!!! As promised, here's a small unmixed clip of just guitars and some quick fake drums. For spending about 30 seconds on the patch, I am blown away with how good it sounds. Can't wait to re-amp this and get the rest of the instruments recorded!

Vin Diezel engines...

Here's the Herbert version of the same clip, I'm loving this! :D

Kostein,

Great job on the tone and the playing!

I think if I had to choose one or the other, the Herbert does it for me (with your setup) just because the overall-clarity and low-end tightness seem a bit better (than on the VH4.) That said, the VH4 sounded very good too!!!

I suppose you could always parallel-split/blend both amps if you wanted, and that would probably kick all sorts of ass -lol!

Bill

DA-mn, Herbie is awesome. Even CH2+ is pretty hot without a pedal fronting it. CH3 doesn't need a pedal. And MEA-TAE - not to mention it has that amp-in-the-room flavor and feel, without the fizz of other amps!. It may become my number one, too (....although a new guitar coming in a couple days may determine).

Here's a little single guitar jangling. Pretty simple patch: amp > cab (ultra + R121 cond) > reverb

Last edited:
I recorded something over the weekend, but it came out sounding a lot thinner on record than it did in the monitors. More tweaking needed before I post - I really dont want to do any post-processing, prefer to post the real thing here.

2 questions - what cabs are best with the Diezels (especially the Herbert)? I used the OH Recto 4x12 without a mic.

More importantly, does anyone know how I can re-amp in Logic? I recorded the distorted guitars, but is there a way to have a "dry" take, so I can just run them back into the Axe after I've tweaked the patch, instead of having to do the whole take again?

EDIT: I've posted a separate topic for this in the main forum. Feel free to answer there instead :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom