Diezel Herbert Mid-Cut Feature

I would probably dig more the later as I am a 5150 guy. The only real amp I still have. Do you have a Herbie + 6160 patch? I never seem to have much luck with 2 amps at one time.
It needs more work. Will share if can get happy with it! Want to try an uber mix as well

Do you guys find the Herbert to be too fuzzy or woolly sounding?

In recordings it's always shown as this razor sharp chunk machine but playing the one in the Axe seems like a whole different experience. By contrast, the 5150, Triaxis, and Savage 120 models are exactly those kinds of super tight, super chunk high gain amps but to my ears and hands, the Herbert is a far cry from anything like that, even with the mid cut on.

Am I doing something wrong? What are some common settings for that amp?

It needs more work. Will share if can get happy with it! Want to try an uber mix as well
Thank you I look forward to that. I'd also like to see a patch with a good Uber, it's an amp ivenplayed a few times in real life and connected well with it in real life but just can't connect with it the AF2.

Do you guys find the Herbert to be too fuzzy or woolly?

Am I doing something wrong? What are some common settings for that amp?

That's why I've been posting and searching the forums about it lately. A few FWs ago I was digging it but it seems (to me) to have taken on this "wooly" (which is a great description for it) quality. Tonight will be the 1st time I use that model live. I run direct FOH and through the fx return of my 5150 head into a 4x12 cab.

Last edited:
Thank you I look forward to that. I'd also like to see a patch with a good Uber, it's an amp ivenplayed a few times in real life and connected well with it in real life but just can't connect with it the AF2.

That's why I've been posting and searching the forums about it lately. A few FWs ago I was digging it but it seems (to me) to have taken on this "wooly" (which is a great description for it) quality. Tonight will be the 1st time I use that model live. I run direct FOH and through the fx return of my 5150 head into a 4x12 cab.
Same here, use to be tight and now its fuzzy/ woolly. I miss using this amp a lot.

I agree. However, honestly man I've played a couple of Herberts and that's kinda what they sound like. The Axe-Fx II according to my ears has only gotten more accurate here. People expect Herberts to behave and feel like ENGLs or something but they're nothing like that at all, even with the mid cut engaged.

Back
Top Bottom