Dieter starts his very own Axe FX powered solo project

Hey everyone!

Lately I've been playing with the idea of starting a solo thing with a guitar and a mic going through the Axe FX, to potentially get on the road with once it's not embarassing anymore. So earlier today I went out and bought myself an SM 58, plopped it into the FX return and started messing around. I want to add simple beatboxing elements (I'm in no way a great beatboxer, I'm not even properly dressed to start being one). I thought maybe I could use the Tone Match block to mold my kick sound to something a little more accurate, so I used a kick sample as reference, and then tried to mimic it with my mouth, resulting in something slightly better with the block than without it. Anyway, here's a little jam using it. At the end of the track I first do a few sample beats with the block turned on, and then the same way without the block to hear the difference.

Anyone ever use tone matching for something non-guitary? I tried to use it for a bit as well with a stand-alone vocal as reference and my own voice to match to. Not that I then sound like the guy in the reference thing, but it does easily kind of EQ everything in that direction to match the atmosphere.

Cheers,
Dieter

Last edited:
Very chilled and relaxin'. :) I stay away from vocals as I'd need about 200 Axe FXs to fix my voice, so let my guitar do the work for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom