Die 800 die!

Horganovski

Experienced
One more quick FW 18 test - pushing a virtual JCM 800 to within an inch of its life! Firmware 18 on the Axe FX II. The way the notes break up is uncanny (I used to own a real 800 and this really takes me back to it). The cleaner tone at the start is the same tone with the volume rolled off on my Strat, I roll the volume up after a few seconds. From about 22 seconds onwards I switched to a PRS. The only missing element in the sound is someone yelling at me to turn it down :)

Had to get these out of my system tonight as I have minor surgery tomorrow and probably won't be able to play for a couple of days, no fair! :D

Man that sounds like my old 800.. Except that my eardrums would meet on the inside of my head at those volumes... And tinnitus follows shortly.

Edit: I had a game going on in my pc here, that i did not notice. The music from the game made you sound VERY experimental.. Haha. Really psychojazz on acid...

It sounds how is meant to sound when you are alrready deaf :p

ahahaha I'm kidding , It's quite something ! very very nice sounding ... mmmmhhhh that vibe on the obscene low bendings , Love it !! (y)

Thanks guys! I use a weird control pedal setup so the patch might not work, but it's pretty easy to reproduce :

It's pretty much the default '800 mod' amp, but in the advanced page I switched on Saturation (ideal) and Boost and changed the modeling to 'Ideal/smooth' and the tonestack to Bassman. I also changed the graphic to the 5 band passive type and boosted the mids and highs just a little (strings could do with a change so I was just adding a little more bite with that :) )

Back
Top Bottom