Did you marry that unconditional fan that never missed your gigs?

Whew! Gotta think way back for this one. No, but the one I did marry was my biggest groupie.

Going further back, I played a high school homecoming shortly after I graduated. There was this really cute girl who was always looking at me every time I looked into the audience. I actually manned up and chatted with her, got her number, and went on a few dates. And, it turned out she could sing, so we got her over to rehearse, but she was so shy! She made us face away from her when she sang. But she was GREAT! But that was as far as it went. I was super flaky back then, so nothing came of it.
Later on, my (now ex) wife came to all our shows. Real supportive in that way. It was nice.

I did. We dated for a few years, then went separate ways for a few years, then were married for a few years after that. She divorced me and left me for another woman, and now, almost 40 years later, we're still great friends and she and my current wife get along great together.

Current wife and I were together for about 15 years before she ever heard me play with a band. Prior to that, she'd only heard me noodle around a bit at home. (It was during a long period when I wasn't playing guitar much at all, and when I did play it was not with any other people.) Now she puts up with occasional rehearsals at our house and she's at nearly every gig.

No. But I still met my wife 20 years ago in the break of a gig of a former band. But she was just there because a friend brought her along and she wasn't interested in the music at all (still isn't). Heck, she didn't even realized that I was one of the musicians. When we later met again she was mad at me that I just disappeared after that break! :D:D:D

My missus isn't interested in my bands!!

That can be a good thing. :)

I have crossed paths with more than one musician whose wife was also his manager,
and had to enter the room like Sharon Osbourne with $$$$ in her eyes.

I didn't. She was a real admirer, and we were dating for a while, 40 years ago. We are still close friends.

My wife (for 21 years now) is not interested at all in my music or in my gear :D

What about you?
I WISH I could say my wife was a music chick. We don't always marry the perfect one, but like any woman, it not nor has it ever been about what "we" have in common, but rather finding one who's shit you can put up with. It's literally that simple inside an extremely complex topic if that makes sense lol.

Mine has basically no idea what I do down in my “studio”. She means well but music isn’t her thing. She is supportive as long as I come out of my cave from time to time.

I think she would be into it more if I learned some country licks (the one kind of music I really don’t listen to). Oh hey, that’s my cover story when that Warmoth Tele shows up!!

Mine has basically no idea what I do down in my “studio”. She means well but music isn’t her thing. She is supportive as long as I come out of my cave from time to time.

I think she would be into it more if I learned some country licks (the one kind of music I really don’t listen to). Oh hey, that’s my cover story when that Warmoth Tele shows up!!

I wonder how common that is. My current gf doesn't care about music at all. Like, never even listens to it on her own. Has no favorite artist, song, and if you ask her what she wants to hear, she'll just say "80s."

I pretty much listen to or play music morning to night. A variety of genres, mostly prog or metal. She doesn't really like it, but she's never asked me to turn it off.

My last gf was super into music, complete metalhead, went with me to concerts all over. She was BSC though. There has to be a balance.

I wonder how common that is. My current gf doesn't care about music at all. Like, never even listens to it on her own. Has no favorite artist, song, and if you ask her what she wants to hear, she'll just say "80s."

I pretty much listen to or play music morning to night. A variety of genres, mostly prog or metal. She doesn't really like it, but she's never asked me to turn it off.

My last gf was super into music, complete metalhead, went with me to concerts all over. She was BSC though. There has to be a balance.
She also stated yesterday that when she works she doesn’t care what the music is as long as it doesn’t have words. Maybe I need to get her some Animals As Leaders….she already tolerated Polyphia in the car on a 4 hour drive. However if there is singing it promptly gets turned off, because of the aforementioned lack of country in my playlist

Back
Top Bottom