Did the Input Gate change?

Brock

Experienced
Since updated to FW14 it seems the noise gate on the input isn't functioning - or at least not the same. I noticed significant amounts of hiss coming through (even on clean patches). When I played with the (input) noise gate, I noticed that it seems to respond very differently. Previously, dropping the threshold to -74 or so with a 4:1 seemed to eliminate a bulk of the noise coming in. Now I'm having to put the threshold to like -20.5 with a 8:1 and it still seems less responsive.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Check Release Notes:

Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.

Go to Global - set gate to 0 db

Since updated to FW14 it seems the noise gate on the input isn't functioning - or at least not the same. I noticed significant amounts of hiss coming through (even on clean patches). When I played with the (input) noise gate, I noticed that it seems to respond very differently. Previously, dropping the threshold to -74 or so with a 4:1 seemed to eliminate a bulk of the noise coming in. Now I'm having to put the threshold to like -20.5 with a 8:1 and it still seems less responsive.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

It has changed. You should read the release notes. It tells all about it.

RTFM Sorry! :mrgreen You see though - this proves how cool this forum is! People are (generally) good-natured and helpful. In other forums, such a display of ignorance would have unleashed The Fury. (Perhaps that's what happens when the price of admission is $2300+ :).)

yessmiley.gif

As soon as I saw that in the notes, I knew there'd be a raft of forum questions on the subject. I suspect FAS kinda brace themselves for it too, that's why the Release Notes are prepared, but hey, I also suspect they know it's the nature of the beast

Brock, weren't you the guy with another username, perhaps something which had to do with a certain number of strings on the guitar? :lol

Brock, weren't you the guy with another username, perhaps something which had to do with a certain number of strings on the guitar? :lol
Indeed! I changed it for a couple of reasons, one of the simpler ones being I no longer have an 8-string. There is/was a thread where I announced the change as to not confuse people or let people come to batty conclusions. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom