Did I get a returned Axe-Fx III?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even letting them reply before trying to drag them on their own forum is kind of aggressive.
But if they are really serious about it... they would contact him immediately. The user is stuck with the unit that does not look like a new one and afraid that he/she may have spent $2000 USD for something that is not worth that much. He is just telling his/hers experience here. Nothing wrong about it. Plastic peels seems to be missing, too, so it looks quite strange to me. There is probably reasonable explanation, but whatever it is.... I do not think that this is correct.

Sure but the first thing to do would be to contact the company about it. Let them actually have a fighting chance to a) confirm what happened and b) rectify it. Then by all means, ask around.
I do not think the same though. You should bring these issues up as soon as they occur. This are experiences that will help other users and potential buyers what they are in for. I was lucky and got absolutely new device... imagine if this happens to 5 out of 10 new buyers.... what you suggest is that they all keep shut until Fractal Audio comes back to them? This is not helpful for new buyers.

this is primarily a forum for users. support.fractalaudio.com is the best way to talk to the company directly.
Of course. I honestly I expect that it has already been reported to the Support team (I would have done that first) and this here is the place where the user expresses his findings, feelings, experiences (that's what has been done here), asks questions and gives answers and helps other users.

Agreed. Not sure what's up with that either. Totally legitimate question.
Don’t worry about it. Some are apparently just easily threatened and not representative of the larger community of users here so don’t let them put you off. Thought it was a totally legit question.

Is anyone arguing that his question is unreasonable?

A few pointed out that it's best to ask the company first. But no one seems to be saying it doesn't warrant asking. Easy enough to miss I suppose.

Regardless, I hope it gets resolved. No one likes second guessing their purchases.

Well, I've held off.

But the OP should have contacted support immediately. They would have dealt with it promptly and with authority (i.e. they're the ones who shipped it, and know it's lineage.)

Posting here was more about visibility. That's fine, since FAS is as transparent as a company can be. But it was still one of these 'My unit sounds bad' posts that doesn't go to the source, but seeks more to complain to get a reaction.

Frankly, this is more a result of what most relations that people have with OTHER companies. Long experience of those who buy gear is that most companies ignore, or slow play these sort of things. The only recourse most know is to post in the hopes that negative publicity will further their cause. Since the OP is new, they have not the experience that most of us have had with FAS.

IMO they should have contacted support right off the bat. They, predictably, would have answered the question in the positive or negative regarding the issue, THEN they post the interaction here (again, positive or negative.) But that did not happen and we have a 3 page thread over a simple issue over a fully functional unit with a wardrobe problem.

R

I own an AX8, Axe FX 2, AX8, X-Load, Axe Fx 3, FM3, and FC6. Everything always came with impeccable packaging. Sorry you got unlucky here @dan46n2 , but for what it's worth, as long as the unit is in perfect condition, you're in for the ride of your life. One of the best creations in the guitar world in my opinion.

I am not saying the unit is not new. But it should have the plastic screen protection so it is strange at least.

You can expect to have a return model when you order from big companies like Thomann or Bax or so. I got a few things like that that were sold as new to me but where B stock for sure. Unfortunately I think it happens all the time. That’s the downside of the ‘30 or 60 days return with no questions asked’ policy.

But I am sure Fractal will not send you a B stock. I am curious what they will say.

Last edited:
I am not saying the unit is not new. But it should have the plastic screen protection so it is strange at least.

You can expect to have a return model when you order from big companies like Thomann or Bax or so. I got a few things like that that were sold as new to me but where B stock for sure. Unfortunately I think it happens all the time. That’s the downside of the ‘30 or 60 days return with no questions asked’ policy.

But I don’t think Fractal will send you a B stock. I am curious what they will say.

My III did not come with a plastic screen protector. She was naked.

I ordered a B stock unit, already knowing it would be basically ‘used’ and might have some minor areas of wear and tear.
I was surprised when it arrived, to find the wear and rear was much more than I’d expected. Deep scratches on the casing, rack rash on the mounting holes etc. I’d saved myself £100 or so in going for a B stock unit, so I wasn't that bothered. Installed the unit in my rack, no issues with functionality, haven’t looked back.
it might only become an issue when I come to sell the unit when I next upgrade. Thankfully that should be some years down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom