Did I get a returned Axe-Fx III?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan46n2

I couldn't wait to open the box UPS dropped off this evening for my Axe FX 3. I was a little surprised by the condition the unit came in. The first thing I noticed was the plastic bag the unit is in had creases all over it like it was rolled in a ball. The Axe FX III unit itself has finger prints and little spots all over it. To me this looks like a return. Maybe its not but it sure looks like it. I emailed customer service about it... either way this is not good practice, don't send a $2000 unit out with such poor packaging, really makes the customer wonder what's going on. I just hope I don't have any issues with it :expressionless:

Support will help you. Should arrive in pristine condition from my experience. Challenging times now and companies under staffed (in many cases). Mishaps could happen, but support will help you straighten this out

Yeah, B-stock are clearly announced separately in the FAS online store. A mixup might have happend. Wouldnt be too worried if only polybag, but if unit itself has smudges, finger prints etc... hmmm.

Yeah, obviously I don't care if the bag is creased or they didn't wipe off the fingerprints from testing... Just makes me wonder if I bought someone else's problems... I'll see what they say, its the weekend so probably hear back from them until Monday. I ordered a Xitone cab so only thing I can use it with is either headphones or various tube amps and 4x12s to test out...

Last edited:
Kind of hard to capture but there are fingerprint smudges on the power button, on the screen, some small spots on the screen like someone sneezed on it. Theres more of the same on the rest of the unit.. around the knobs... :confused:
IMG_2442.jpeg

Thats how I got it, haven't even plugged it in yet... just kind of pissed about the whole situation.... not a good Friday night..

I thought the same thing when I got my III a year or so ago and when I inquired I got the following response which makes perfect sense. I'm happy with the unit and the response.

'Hi, Boxes are opened MANY times during the manufacturing process, We install boards, Firmware, presets, cabs and we give them several tests before sending out. Everything in the photo is expected including the "sandwich bag" for the AC cord. You did not receive a demo unit.'

That unit has been turned on and off many times by the look of the finger oil around the power switch..
Hope you resolve it.

Thanks
Pauly

Kind of hard to capture but there are fingerprint smudges on the power button, on the screen, some small spots on the screen like someone sneezed on it. Theres more of the same on the rest of the unit.. around the knobs... :confused:
View attachment 69034

I thought the same thing when I got my III a year or so ago and when I inquired I got the following response which makes perfect sense. I'm happy with the unit and the response.

'Hi, Boxes are opened MANY times during the manufacturing process, We install boards, Firmware, presets, cabs and we give them several tests before sending out. Everything in the photo is expected including the "sandwich bag" for the AC cord. You did not receive a demo unit.'

Well thank god I got my III from G66 in pristine condition! Just because this, that or the other is performed on the unit, is absolutely no reason to send a unit of this value (2700€ in the EU) in that condition to a customer. Where I work, we use cotton gloves to avoid such things as fingerprints on equipment and we surly don’t wad-up packaging material and then reuse it. I’m having a tough time believing this to be common practice at FAS.

Honestly I wasn't too impressed when I got mine either. It also seemed jammed in a bag with just a power chord, would have been nice for them to include a USB chord that would cost the company a dollar. Spent the next half hour to an hour scouring my house for an extra USB chord... I never complained because I hate when people try to find things to complain about, but it did kinda rub me wrong. And I think it's reasonable for whoever is the last in their assembly line to wash his hands and have some cleaning wipes handy, that shouldn't be too hard to coordinate.

I couldn't wait to open the box UPS dropped off this evening for my Axe FX 3. I was a little surprised by the condition the unit came in. The first thing I noticed was the plastic bag the unit is in had creases all over it like it was rolled in a ball. The Axe FX III unit itself has finger prints and little spots all over it. To me this looks like a return. Maybe its not but it sure looks like it. I emailed customer service about it... either way this is not good practice, don't send a $2000 unit out with such poor packaging, really makes the customer wonder what's going on. I just hope I don't have any issues with it :expressionless:

Why post here before you get an answer from Support?

Honestly I wasn't too impressed when I got mine either. It also seemed jammed in a bag with just a power chord, would have been nice for them to include a USB chord that would cost the company a dollar. Spent the next half hour to an hour scouring my house for an extra USB chord... I never complained because I hate when people try to find things to complain about, but it did kinda rub me wrong. And I think it's reasonable for whoever is the last in their assembly line to wash his hands and have some cleaning wipes handy, that shouldn't be too hard to coordinate.
Mine came with a green USB cord, I believe. Ordered in April this year, FWIW. I thought that was standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom