Did anyone else catch something really cool stated in this Axe-Fx III post?

In other news:

"the 2 is about to get better because we're porting a lot of the modeling improvements from the III to it." Source

Interesting comment. Very open for interpretation though. Ill wait and see. One thing is fore sure, FAS has no off button. Not trying to appease the user base, but just doing the right thing by his product. Wouldnt surprise me if used prices normalise too

Last edited:
I think that are this 3 words that I have marked in bold:
"And the 2 is about to get better because we're porting a lot of the modeling improvements from the III to it."
Some people will wonder what these improvements will be, I think they will be as many as feasible.

more than hyper appreciated !!!
Endless gifts ...:):):)
Again thanks so much Cliff for that consideration and involvement with your customers .

Specifically how much more will make it over, and how long they'll keep doing it, and what else might get done in the future to expand the functionality of every AFX2 in existence with its given (v a s t) hardware capabilities

I think he did say this will be the last one. But who knows whats in it
Did he figure out how to add the new drives authentic controls in Ax edit
We will see
As a 3 owner i think its pretty
Awesome and you can ve confident
When he says its done now that he did everything possible to squeeze all
Best stuff in there

Specifically how much more will make it over, and how long they'll keep doing it, and what else might get done in the future to expand the functionality of every AFX2 in existence with its given (v a s t) hardware capabilities

Well, even after Ares 1.0 was released for the II, it was never divulged how much of it was ported, so it's pointless to speculate about that. In my opinion, there's absolutely no need to try and tease apart and parse every word of his comment. The statement was completely straightforward, so take it at face value:

There will be more modeling than we currently have ported from the III to the II.

Instead of speculating about how much will be ported and whether there's more to come after that, just be good and thankful that the II is receiving anything beyond what has already been bestowed.

Last edited:
In other news:

"the 2 is about to get better because we're porting a lot of the modeling improvements from the III to it." Source

Shocked, amazed, and absolutely ecstatic about this! I don't want to take my III out for gigs. I haven't sold my II yet. Thanks to this, I'll probably build a live rig around it instead! I'm bloody thrilled! :D:D:D

I think he did say this will be the last one

He also at one point said it would never happen. Then at one point he mentioned having done more work on it one day, to sound as if it was something to do on a lazy bored afternoon. Then recently he mentioned postponing even more work on it because of more immediate pressing issues with active product development. :tearsofjoy: Creator is gracious and full of surprises! :laughing:

FAS is a fantastic company, and Cliff is a generous genius! I rave about FAS all the time. Even if I got the III, I would not sell my IIXL+. Maybe I’d sell my Ultra... maybe, when the time comes. I can wait.

Thank you FAS for all you do!

Amazing!

Wild guessing is that the revelation around FASPICE enables optimized code for drives and preamps, which allows for “room” on the Axefx2 and runtime on its cpu.

Just guessing though from various posts. Could be off by universes however ...

Back
Top Bottom