Did a live stream yesterday with the AX8 (first try)

THIS.THING.IS.AWZOME!!

Got it yesterday and am Blown away!
I first tried some factory patches, all sounded cool,
i like how FAS has put focus on the amp tones and not
made 200 patches completely bonkers with FX etc.
You get a real feel of what the unit is capable of.

Then I did what Chris (AXEFX Tutorials) mentioned doing,
i.e choosing a cab and auditioning amps through that,
I chose the Jumped Plexi preset with its fantastic Marshall TV GB cab.
Then went through amps. I found myself not having to touch a dial
on almost any amp, felt superbly dialed in from the start!

One instant fave was the Splawn Nitro amp, this is is MASSIVE!

Anyways, did a live stream on FB (public shared) with me fiddling with it.
for my next time online with it, I'll try YT stream instead, with a mini mixer,
headset etc, showing desktop etc, all with direct audio and better video.
the FB stream is cool for its immediate outreach to ones friends list, but only
using the iPhone app is severely limiting. In this vid I had the phone placed
in front of a Marshall Stanmore speaker and ran all audio through that.

Cool! Nice tones in the beginning, I've only looked at the first couple of mins as I have to go to work, but what patch was that first one? Very nice atmospheric decays.

In Swedish no less :) I will look through some of it.

(I just heard you say that UltraRes cabs are higher res than OwnHammer and other 3rd party IRs. That is not correct. UltraRes is a way to translate standard .wav/.ir files from a wave format to the Fractal sysex format. Ownhammer IRs are also ultrares if they are converted using CabLab Lite)

what are you playing this through? even at low volume the sound is massive!

are you going direct through powered speakers? or into your powered monitors? please share because my sound is NOT the same....

In Swedish no less :) I will look through some of it.

(I just heard you say that UltraRes cabs are higher res than OwnHammer and other 3rd party IRs. That is not correct. UltraRes is a way to translate standard .wav/.ir files from a wave format to the Fractal sysex format. Ownhammer IRs are also ultrares if they are converted using CabLab Lite)
Thanks! I'm new to this thing, so thanks for the clarification!
I'll make sure to make a retraction in a future stream ;)
And, only answered Swedish questions in Swedish, most were in english/swenglish :cool:

what are you playing this through? even at low volume the sound is massive!

are you going direct through powered speakers? or into your powered monitors? please share because my sound is NOT the same....

yeah, a marshall Stanmore speaker, fed the AX8 into my soundcard (apogee ios), then through Logic out through the headphones jack in to
the Stanmore RCA input. The stanmore is a massive sounding speaker, and this was just a bedroom levels.
However, I also attribute some of the "massiveness" to the fact that I had the iPhone leaned up against the stanmore
when shooting, so it took the full brunt of the speaker (was the only was to get the right camera angle, and balance my voice with
the audio output from the iMac).

Nice playing, man!
thanks! :) Rusty as heck, with the timing of Lars Ulrich, due to barely having touched the guitar
in months. But now I have a reason to get back in to more regular jamming and playing,
so hopefully I'll work out the kinks in my playing in the not to distant future and be back on track :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom