Dialling in the USA IIC++

Axe-Master
This was one of my go to amp models in the AX8, so it was fun sitting down and revisiting it on the III. The new modelling algorithms, cab block and input boost all made our quicker and easier to dial in a tone that works really well for what I need. These tricks work across the Mark series models too. Here's a video run-down of it all with the preset linked.

Preset - http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6480

Sounds amazing. Especially the lead! It amazes me that people still post "I can't get a good tone out of the Axe" when there are vids and presets like this around. Thanks again.

Hi Leon,

I’ve followed it with my Axe-Fx2XL+ and I’m pretty close to your sound (but far, very far from your skills ;-)). Of course, not the same IR. And I was using a Les Paul Custom.
Maybe you’ve mentioned it and I missed it but what guitar did you use ?

Thanks for the video ! :)

Hi Leon,

I’ve followed it with my Axe-Fx2XL+ and I’m pretty close to your sound (but far, very far from your skills ;-)). Of course, not the same IR. And I was using a Les Paul Custom.
Maybe you’ve mentioned it and I missed it but what guitar did you use ?

Thanks for the video ! :)
A lovely PRS 245 (which is a single cut).

Great video!
@2112 Are you sure you were pressing the wrong key when the value was not set?
Because this issue also happens to me. Seems like when you type a number to a field and press enter, sometimes (randomly) the value remains unchanged.

Great video!
@2112 Are you sure you were pressing the wrong key when the value was not set?
Because this issue also happens to me. Seems like when you type a number to a field and press enter, sometimes (randomly) the value remains unchanged.
This happens to me all the time. Super annoying.

Great video! I actually A/B'd a Mark IV way back to the GEQ and really fine tuned the settings to match the real life counterpart and the way you would normally set the GEQ like f.ex. Petrucci does:
BottomMK4Settings.jpg

The Axe-Fx settings for this GEQ setting that matches the response are +7.00 for 80hz, 0.00 for 240hz (this knob worked a bit differently on the real amp), -6.5 for 750hz, +2.00 for 2200hz and +6.50 for 6600hz. Not sure why I posted this... well maybe it helps people out. :)

To get the Mark series amps super tight, don't be afraid to set the bass at 0. That's what many people do with the real amps as well. Don't worry it still has bass.

Thanks for doing this. Very similar in to the way I do that amp (and other Mark Series), but I really like the way you use the Fat switch on Channel B for the lead. I tend to boost the master into a bit more of a sag for leads, which thickens the mids in a different way, but when I tried your way with the Fat switch I can boost the master just a bit less and now I have a tone that works well for me and has a bit more attack.

Also, hadn't really played around with those IRs, but they work great with that amp, so I followed suit and set up my new patch with that. You're chorus and delay trick is really the icing on the cake too. Makes the leads have a nice depth without it sounding too chorusy and washed out.

Funny, with my guitar (jem with bkp holy diver pups), the patch sounds a bit thin. I tried boosting bass both pre and post and still wasn’t making me happy. I ended up bumping the master vol up a touch and fixed it right up. Strange how things never quite sound the same on different rigs. Must be the global positioning down under.

Back
Top Bottom