Dialling in the MK IV

Axe-Master
If you've never bonded with the USA Lead models, didn't know where to start dialling them in or wanted to simply pick up a few extra tips, I've shot a video which details the main controls to get going with a great MK IV high gain sound. I should add, a lot of these were picked up from the almighty @yek and his amp guide; go read it.

Last edited:
These amps have always been kind of a love hate deal for me because of what you have to do in order to get them to sound right. The video tutorial you posted is perfect for those that have a hard time dialing these amp in, it should be pinned so in my best aussie voice...

brilliant work mate! ;)

Awesome! Bless your heart, Leon. Most of the amp models in the presets sound ok to me but the Mesa Marks had me scratching my head. I like “real” Marks so I’m definitely gonna try your tips here.

Please do the Dumbles next! LOL ... I find them totally dark and muddy and haven’t found the secret yet.

Well done. I have some good experience with this amp so I know the model is really good, but like the amp, it takes some work.

Cheers guys, hopefully it's of use!

These amps have always been kind of a love hate deal for me because of what you have to do in order to get them to sound right. The video tutorial you posted is perfect for those that have a hard time dialing these amp in, it should be pinned so in my best aussie voice...

brilliant work mate! ;)

I'm not sure what's going to be harder now, dialling in the amps . or understanding my Aussie drawl :p

Awesome! Bless your heart, Leon. Most of the amp models in the presets sound ok to me but the Mesa Marks had me scratching my head. I like “real” Marks so I’m definitely gonna try your tips here.

Please do the Dumbles next! LOL ... I find them totally dark and muddy and haven’t found the secret yet.

The Mark series seem to be the transformative amp for a lot of players (that I know anyway), where they go from "plug and play" guys to obsessive tweakers; the first time I played a Mark V I hated it until the owner jumped on it, tweaked the controls to the magic settings and it instantly became a must have sound for me. I'd love to own a Mark series amp one day.

Well done. I have some good experience with this amp so I know the model is really good, but like the amp, it takes some work.
It's easy to forget that accurate modelling means all the quirks and possibly frustrating elements of the real amp will be captured rather than just the "dude that sounds sweet" settings.

Been drooling over the internet on how these mark amps sounded and awestrucked everytime someone plays over them.

Will definitely try out this approach and hopefully create my own tone out of it.

Awesome guide!

Fantastic video, cheers fella!

You mentioned you already did videos on the C++... couldn’t see them on YouTube, have you got any links? Would love to be able to dial it in as have heard nothing but praise for it :)

Fantastic video, cheers fella!

You mentioned you already did videos on the C++... couldn’t see them on YouTube, have you got any links? Would love to be able to dial it in as have heard nothing but praise for it :)

This is the clip I referenced, I'll have to do another and just focus on the amp.

Back
Top Bottom