Dialing in AX8 with FRFR cabinet , am I doing this right?

danzd

Hi guys, so I recently bought a Tech 21 power engine deuce deluxe to use with my ax8 and I'm finally having some decent results (should have gone mission or atomic but I wasn't sure how I'd like frfr in the first place) . The issue I'm having is whether or not I should be dialing in my tones with the tweeter on or not, and whether the tweeter is causing me to lose accuracy for FOH. I'm getting acceptable results with the tweeter, but switching it off sounds terrible- digital, soft, just awfully reminiscent of almost every Line 6 product I had in my teens. My intuition tells me I should be dialing it in with the tweeter, since (I'd imagine) this is broadening the frequency response. I do know that most live systems consist of a mix of woofers and drivers. For the record I have NEVER gone FOH with the ax8.. too chicken to try it. Always run it into the fx return on my 6505/EVH 4x12 and mic'd up (yields incredible results). That being said, if the sound I'm currently getting thru the power engine with the tweeter engaged is even 80% accurate via FOH, I'll be happy. To sum it up: should I be dialing in my tone with the tweeter engaged?

I should probably state I play metal requiring a tight, bright tone.

Back
Top Bottom