Diagnosing hum/static with AX8 rig

What kind of light is it? CCFL? If so, swap the light out for something different.

Dimmers are notorious for that humming sound, I replaced all my home lights with led's and that makes a big difference.

They are cfl type bulbs...I'll replace them and see if that solves the problem.

Has anybody else experienced the noise (sounds like normal amp hum mixed with digital noise) with nothing plugged into the ax8 input and the noise gate off scenario (becomes more apparent around ax8 volume knob turned up about half way and beyond)? ...It doesn't bother me really at all sense I have some level of noise gate on all of my presets but I was just curious if this was normal operation?

Oh...I forgot to mention I only remember it doing this on higher gain amps...I don't use a lot of gain either; typically never past noon.

They are cfl type bulbs...I'll replace them and see if that solves the problem.
I'm guessing it'll help a lot.

Has anybody else experienced the noise (sounds like normal amp hum mixed with digital noise) with nothing plugged into the ax8 input and the noise gate off scenario (becomes more apparent around ax8 volume knob turned up about half way and beyond)? ...It doesn't bother me really at all sense I have some level of noise gate on all of my presets but I was just curious if this was normal operation?
With enough gain, interference hitting the input will be amplified enough to be audible, even with nothing connected.

Oh...I forgot to mention I only remember it doing this on higher gain amps...
Yup. :)

I don't use a lot of gain either; typically never past noon.
Depending on the amp and how it's dialed in, noon can be a whole buttload of gain.

I'm guessing it'll help a lot.

With enough gain, interference hitting the input will be amplified enough to be audible, even with nothing connected.

Yup. :)

Depending on the amp and how it's dialed in, noon can be a whole buttload of gain.
Thanks for all the input Rex! With all this sorted out I'm back to creating great tones with this amazing piece of gear! Thanks everybody

Back
Top Bottom