FM9 DI low volume fix

Rage

Hey guys. Trying to record a Di is giving me a very low signal when recording.
Wet signal is just fine though!

Any fix on this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

The DI signal is that low. All that matters is when you reamp back through the FM9, it sounds the same. It should with the level you recorded. Don’t boost it in the DAW or it won’t be the same.

The DI signal is that low. All that matters is when you reamp back through the FM9, it sounds the same. It should with the level you recorded. Don’t boost it in the DAW or it won’t be the same.
Yes it sounds the same. I didn't expect to be that low though, kinda hard to see the transients!

The sound coming directly from your guitar will never be as loud as the sound coming from your amplifier. That’s why it’s called an amplifier. ;)

The sound coming directly from your guitar will never be as loud as the sound coming from your amplifier. That’s why it’s called an amplifier. ;)
Got me curious cause the di from my RME is significant louder!

Got me curious cause the di from my RME is significant louder!
Audio interfaces aren't designed to supply a unity gain DI that has a level suitable for use with your FM9. They generally have some gain applied to them. That means the DI from an audio interface will be louder than one that comes from a FM3/FM9/Axe-FX. It also means you need to compensate for that higher level with attenuation when using a DI that came from an audio interface. However, the quieter DI from your FM9 will already be the correct level and will not require any attenuation. See the instructions for configuration #5 in the recording guide for details.

Back
Top Bottom