DI available through Input 2?

nick1527

Inspired
Hi All

I just got a two notes captor for my mesa mkv and im running the captor into input 2 of my afx2 and using it as a cab loader. is there a way i can record a DI simultaneously when using input 2?

Im using reaper and obviously when just recording the afx with the guitar plugged straight into the front of it I would just arm a reaper track with input 3 that doesnt seem to be working when I am connected to Input 2 in the back.

Any help would be appreciated!

Are you still sending guitar to Axe-FX front input in this example? If not, you could send the Captor signal to rear Input 1L and record as USB channel 3.

Input 2 won't appear automatically as a USB audio channel. If you do need to use Input 2, you could route FXL to Output 1 and balance rows to get two mono signals as L/R (USB outputs 1/2).

Another option would be routing Captor output to Axe Input 1R. Set Input 1 Mode to "stereo" and it will be USB channel 4. (Some minor adjustments will likely be required to isolate the left/guitar channel for the intended blocks, and envelope/ADSR response would be altered but possibly still usable.)

Thanks, I do need to use input 2 as the signal from the captor is line level.

When you say route fxl to output 1 can you describe that in a bit more detail please? Sorry as you have probably guessed I am not well versed in the routing options and how to set them up

Line-level signals can be sent to the rear Input 1 jacks. (As stated in the manual, all rear inputs have the same max. input level, +20 dBu.)

Routing FXL to Output 1 would involve placing the FX Loop block on the grid and connecting it to the far right side of the grid (vertical "output" block).

Line-level signals can be sent to the rear Input 1 jacks. (As stated in the manual, all rear inputs have the same max. input level, +20 dBu.)

Routing FXL to Output 1 would involve placing the FX Loop block on the grid and connecting it to the far right side of the grid (vertical "output" block).

Ahh right yeah I did that already with the fx block.

So will input 1 on the back allow me to get a di as well?

When I say di I mean the signal going in from the amp not a guitar di. I just want the two notes signal split out so I can monitor with the wet signal and then switch irs later on.

The signal received at Input 1 goes out as USB channels 3/4 with no further processing.

"Input 1 Left select" parameter in I/O menu should be set to "rear" in this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom