Devin Townsend NAMM 2020

I've made some improvements to this one. Tried a different approach with the delays/reverb. I think the dry, hi-gain, and mid-gain tones are in the ballpark. Still haven't played much with the clean.

The first 4 scenes are factory cabs, but I strongly recommend downloading @2112 LT TV Mix 2 IR and dropping it in for scens 5-8. I dunno how many cab packs I have purchased and that IR always comes out on top to my ears.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=631. - IR

I've been a travelling fool of late and just tonight got to try this one and you've out done yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also still dig the Devin Townsend 2020 (B) patch. I just played them for about an hour with my Ibanez Jem (which I rarely play) and I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Thx man !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been a travelling fool of late and just tonight got to try this one and you've out done yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also still dig the Devin Townsend 2020 (B) patch. I just played them for about an hour with my Ibanez Jem (which I rarely play) and I'm grinning from ear to ear.

Thx man !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man. Glad you like them. I have continued to tinker with it. I still feel like I am not quite getting that 30 seconds of echo of the previous note that sits nicely underneath whats currently being played like in that video. I've tired a handful of different methods to try and recreate it and I am clearly missing something somewhere haha. In a video Devin says he generally sets the reverb time around 10 seconds... I don't see how, cause it doesn't feed the ping pong delay the way it apparently does when he does it. If I set the ping pong high enough to repeat it like that, you start getting clicks/ticks every time the note bounces. Probably some EQ magic going on to get rid of the pick attack.

TLDR = this shit is way above my pay grade lol.

Still at it ;) I think the FX blend on this one is closer. The delays might be a tad more aggressive than needed. It's fun to play with though.

Attachments

• DT EVH 5153 (TEST 2).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom