Devin Townsend going over his main preset/GP-100 sound

Since everyone is in the spirit of giving lately I figured I would share this here as there might be some folks interested in an updated preset with Devins gift of tone rhythm sound mixed with the Roland GP-100 sound (well, a version of the GP sound anyway haha).

The GP settings are what Devin has publicly shared on Twitch streams over the last couple of years. There's a few areas, like EQ in the delay and reverb blocks, that he hasn't shared. So a bit of borrowing from the factory preset and some guesswork there. I've included the two IRs that I use that are a Tonematch of my GP-100. Of course, Devins "THE SOUND" IR is apparently a combination of a power amp and the GP-100 so... I am just taking shots in the dark here ;). It sounds "good enough" for me to jam with. If anyone makes any changes to it and gets it closer please share! :)

Happy Holidays!

Attachments

• DEVIN TOWNSEND GoT + GP-100.fasBundle
    28.9 KB · Views: 27
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and came across this thread, I'm also a huge Dev fan and also tone matched my GP-100 on my Axe-Fx III that I use to jam along to Dev's records. I got so close that I can't tell the difference between my GP-100 and Axe-Fx anymore :).

I've recorded some quick badly played samples of the scenes so you see how my tone match sounds.

Some details about the preset:
All scenes use Dev's “Golden Wah” setting on PEDAL 1 as I use Fractal's EV-2 Expression Pedal.
I've recently added Dev's gift of tone cab IR to the Herbert / GP-100 scene.
I recorded the examples on my LTD SC-607B which has Fishman Fluence Stephen Carpenter 7-String Humbuckers on voice 1 which should be similar to Dev's Fishman's and close to an EMG-81 so a guitar with similar pickups should yield similar results.
The Twitch Delay scene (and riff example) is a copy of the settings Dev used on a Twitch stream a while ago, I though it sounded cool so I kept it in the preset.
The only tone I'm missing is the Dual Rectifier era but that is something I'm still working on.

Attachments

• Devin Townsend.fasBundle
    29.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and came across this thread, I'm also a huge Dev fan and also tone matched my GP-100 on my Axe-Fx III that I use to jam along to Dev's records. I got so close that I can't tell the difference between my GP-100 and Axe-Fx anymore :).

I would love to share it here but I don't have an attachment option in the reply to post my .fasBundle file? something to do with rules maybe but I can't see anything about it in https://forum.fractalaudio.com/help/terms/. Also the Axe Change isn't accepting .fasBundle files either :(

I've recorded some quick badly played samples of the scenes so you see how my tone match sounds and if anyone would like the preset maybe they could tell me how to post attachments?

These sound great! You can attach your preset bundle in this thread - there’s an “attach files” option when posting.

These sound great! You can attach your preset bundle in this thread - there’s an “attach files” option when posting.
Oh wait… I see you tried that. It may be because you are new - I think there’s a limitation.

And now your preset is there… sorcery! Thanks for sharing!
Yeah I just saw it when checking for replies, I now have the option after making my first post :D so I've added the bundle and some extra details to the original post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom