Devin Townsend. Devin FRAKKIN' Townsend

hmmm..bummer..just learned the hard way that the III apparently doesn't yet accept all in one Bundle presets converted in Fractool..
unless theres a workaround I ..or (@AlGrenadine ) haven't figured out yet....
EDIT
WOW looks there Is a way thru Fractool..instead of conversion using the drag and drop interface , you have to View the preset, then use the menu in that window to "send to fas device"..and it does!
Yes but the cab is not transfered ;)

I'm still curious which Valhallir cabs Dev is/was using. Did we ever find out? Perhaps @Poopynuggeteer himself might weigh in?
I'm sorry, that I can't help you with any information at the moment. All I know is that Devin is also using some cabs from the Britains Finest Pack along to others from us.
Tom, our Tech Chief, who is in contact with Dev, is in China at the moment, and as he told me, Devin seems to get thousands of emails per day. And as we are happy that he likes and uses our stuff, we don't want to "step on his feet", when he is working on his new projects.

So it can take a little time to find out. I was asking Tom twice by myself. The picture and text in our ad that we are allowed to use also
came all of a sudden from Devin, several weeks after we found out, that Dev is using our IRs.
If we get any further information, or presets like the one he sent us, we will also share it with you, I promise.

Andy from Valhallir.at

Devin is all in-ear for quite a while now. No real cabs anymore, as far as I know, as he also told to the german guitar mag "Gitarre&Bass" in 2018.
The rig rundown from premier guitar seems to prove that.
But maybe Fractal can come up with details?

Devin is all in-ear for quite a while now. No real cabs anymore, as far as I know, as he also told to the german guitar mag "Gitarre&Bass" in 2018.
The rig rundown from premier guitar seems to prove that.
But maybe Fractal can come up with details?
Yes, that's right! I was referring to the actual cabinets and therefore I thought that he used them in fractal / kemper ect ...

Ok, since I'm feeling generous today...

Here's an EQ Match of a guitar stem from the album "Deconstruction" and the "Hevy Devy" factory preset. Just load the preset and substitute the cab with this:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=729

Oh, and I should add that I don't own anything with active pickups and used my Ibanez, which has fairly hot pickups, so YMMV. You'll probably want to play with the input gain.

Last edited:
Still very curious to know which ir he used back then?
As Devin has his own thing running since Empath and our former IR tech from that time has parted ways with Valhallir, I have no information about the used IR. Pretty sure it was something from our British Finest stuff, which has been retired with the launch of the V2 series.

Ok, since I'm feeling generous today...

Here's an EQ Match of a guitar stem from the album "Deconstruction" and the "Hevy Devy" factory preset. Just load the preset and substitute the cab with this:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=729

Oh, and I should add that I don't own anything with active pickups and used my Ibanez, which has fairly hot pickups, so YMMV. You'll probably want to play with the input gain.
Thanks I will give it a try !

Back
Top Bottom