AFIII Devin Townsend Band - "Deadhead" - intro riff test

After using my Solar V1.6 Artist in D standard for a long time I decided to try it in Drop C. At some point I found myself jamming some of the riffs of Deadhead by Devin Townsend Band. That's when I decided to make a new variation of my go-to preset and drown it in delay and reverb. The recording is just a quick test, nothing amazing. It's not to be a copy of the album tone, just a heavy, high gain tone that works in this setting. What do you guys think of this?

Sounds great ! I just became a Devin fan a few months back and cannot stop listening to Empath or Ocean Machine.

And the Royal Albert Hall Blu-Ray is amazing.

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone! Somehow I hadn't activated e-mail notifications and I hadn't checked back for a while. I'm glad you like the tone I got. For a quick test it could've sounded a lot worse, hahaha :p

Great!!! I can TOTALLY picture this being played on that monstrous big-ass Flying V... :eek:

Yeah, my V is not as big as the one Devin uses, but the Solar made it pretty easy to play this riff with the proper attitude \m/

Back
Top Bottom