• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Detuning with the Pitch Block working poorly?

Danny Danzi

Power User
I don't think you need a clip or sceenshot to understand that a latency of 18ms is a bit too much.
Or am I seeing things wrong here?
Again, I can understand some latency when computing the note value is concerned but for detune or a fixed harmony, only a multiplication of the frequency is involved and this should cause hardly any latency. Certainly not 18ms
Read the original post on page 1 by Birdy. Latency was.mentioned by others. He was getting a doubling artifact. Whatever my latency is....it's not bothering me or hindering my performance.

@Birdy so glad it's working for you all of a sudden! Let us know if you have any more issues. I was ready to help you nail this one.....glad you're good now! :)

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Well, I sat down to record a clip and upload my preset, and suddenly it works well with no problems!
I did record the issues I had a few days ago, but since now it's working fine I won't bother finding and uploading them.
I will do it though if this problem returns.
So what exactly did you change to make it work now?

dongzo

Experienced
The Kemper handles pitch/harmonizer pretty good. I think the axe just need an overhaul. Hope it will happen some day. There have been quite a lot of threads like this during the years.
Maybe Cliff is finally satisfied with Q8.02 and will spend some time with FX improvements :)

TieDyedDevil

Inspired
I can understand latency for calculating the note when an intelligent harmonizer is used.
But for detune or fixed pitch shift?
I thought this just involved a multiplication of the frequency or am I seeing this wrong?
To the best of my knowledge, there's no such thing as an algorithm to "multiply the frequency" of an arbitrary waveform without latency.

I think the manual probably explains a bit more about how pitch shifting works. If not, Wikipedia ought to say something...

[EDIT] Well, I was wrong about the manual. There's enough to suggest the approach used, but not much in the way of details.

Here's a good starting point in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_time-scale/pitch_modification

Last edited:

Josetxu

Inspired
I did some tests yesterday with the AX8's pitch block using @Moke settings and digitech The drop pedal: the AX8 has a warbly, like tremolo sound and some artifacts that make it unusable for me for this task. The Drop sounds smooth although a bit bassy (I could have corrected it with a filter in the AX8 but was a quick test).

The preset used is a slighty modded version of the factory preset "brownface" (#3?)

Aren't there two voicing's on the detune and Fixed Harmonic? I had a similar issue and as soon as I turned one of the voicing levels off the warble went away. Also look at the tracking, it'll help fine tune it. I also use Poly track instead of mono/stereo etc.

Top Bottom