detune whole guitar 2 semis

Playing Highway to Hell, should be in A but singer needs it in G. I'd like to keep playing as A to get the right voicing, but have it come out of the AXE in G. How do I do this....please keep it simple and step by step....I'm a newbie. Thanks

Take a pitch block, stick it first in the chain and set it to fixed harmony at 100% mix. I think the parameters are voice detune 1 n 2, set those to -2 for a full step detune. Keep in mind shifting this much is gonna change your tone

Give Rocco's preset a try. It's a preset for a Five Finger Death Punch song that uses a Pitch block for a wholestep drop in pitch. I just copied the block and put it in the front of the chain on one of my presets. I use it for some Sabbath tunes in my Ozzy tribute. Works great. Here's Rocco's preset:

Attachments

• 5FDP LEAD (Whole Step Down).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 13
I will second the Digitech 'The Drop' pedal, or their Whammy DT (same algorithm with the Whammy to boot). Faster and cleaner polyphonic tracking.

The Axe's Pitch block is certainly fine for live use though.

As mentioned, you may want to add a little high end in near the end to compensate for the inherent loss in pitch-shifting downward.

Back
Top Bottom