detune guitar 1 step down ?

gibsonash

Experienced
Hi all , anyone got the right detune setting for dropping my guitar 1 step down (D) . I need to use all the strings for playing "beat it" but 1 step down ...
thanks in advance !

so a search, there a few threads on it. it starts to get wonky the more you drop... i can post my patch i use for drop c later.

I use a 1/2 step down pitch block for one song and it sounds decent. Seems to lose a little attack. It is just for one song.."somebody told me" ..The bass player learned the song flat in standard tuning. :evil:

Just put a pitch block before the amp. Use "Fixed Harm". Set Voice 1 Shift to -2 and Voice 2 Level to the minimum (-80dB or sth like that?). Finally you set Mix to 100% ... that will work.

I'm trying to work this as well. I have great patches for sweet Child of Mine and Highway To Hell, but we can't sing them (who can) so we are wanting to play them a step lower, without having to re-leanr them

So the pitch block is the way to go but I tried what mdaniel said above but pitch block between the amp and cab - and right at the start, although it drops the pitch and the latency is ok, it really changes the Tones to be unusable.

How can I make it tone transparent?
and should I sure different settings fro Highway to hell which is all Chords (mostly) rather than SCOM which is largely single notes for me.

thanks

SparkyG said:
How can I make it tone transparent?
and should I sure different settings fro Highway to hell which is all Chords (mostly) rather than SCOM which is largely single notes for me.

relearn those 2 songs. They are very easy ;)

Ha Ha
Relearning SCOM is easy, Its HWTH - you really need those chords to make it sound right, A D and G go to G C and F - does not sound right.

Honestly...just tune down a whole step. For all the great things that the AFX does, I don't think that it does drop tuning especially well. For that matter there isn't a whole lot out there that does.

shasha said:
Honestly...just tune down a whole step. For all the great things that the AFX does, I don't think that it does drop tuning especially well. For that matter there isn't a whole lot out there that does.

Not easy to do when you have a Floyd equipped guitar that is floating. I bring a second guitar along with a fixed bridge but sometimes use the pitch shifter.

SparkyG said:
Ha Ha
Relearning SCOM is easy, Its HWTH - you really need those chords to make it sound right, A D and G go to G C and F - does not sound right.

Play it in G, it would sound better instead of using pitch block.

Jack Napalm said:
shasha said:

Not easy to do when you have a Floyd equipped guitar that is floating. I bring a second guitar along with a fixed bridge but sometimes use the pitch shifter.

Try Tremol-No, it's great for blocking it.

Ok , thanks all for the reply ! The sound is usuable and now work/do the job for me but ... too much latency/chorusing . We must do with that i think .

a question for anyone that owns one, does the morpheus drop tune do a much better job of down tuning than the axefx?

rickgk said:
a question for anyone that owns one, does the morpheus drop tune do a much better job of down tuning than the axefx?

I compared my morpheus droptune and dropping with the Axefx Ultra. They are pretty similar sounding, I feel. It's quicker and easier to use a morpheus than do it in the axefx. Both work fine, I feel, for 1/2 to full step dropping, but if you try to simulate a baritone or seven string, its not as good as the real thing. Morpheus is a tad better sounding here, but not compared to a real baritone or seven string.

Both are great for basic drop tunings.

I only really need to tune down two semitones, but the down full step patch on the axe doesn't really cut it for me, it's a bit warbly on chords and gets a metallic sounding edge to it but from the clips I've heard of the Morpheus this is not the case. I'll put some more effort into the axe and see how I go.

Back
Top Bottom