Detune block request

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
Doe any one use the the Pitch block to come up with good sounding detuned sounds for heavy tones? If so please be specific how you would set up at Drop C or Drop D tuning. Thanks!

Are you looking for detuning (there's a mode for that) or whole-note pitch shifting? Sounds like the latter.

No pitch shifter will do an ideal job of wholesale pitch shifting, because not only are you tuning down the strings, but you're also tuning down the natural resonances of your guitar, and that doesn't happen when just tune your strings to a different pitch. But it helps of you put the pitch shifter first in your chain, because then you're feeding the whole Axe-Fx with a down-shifted signal, just like you'd do with real drop tuning. You're also not dropping the pitch on your cab resonances, which doesn't happen in the "real" world either.

In my experience the Axe can't quite match the DigiTech Whammy DT or the Drop (same algorithms). But it is certainly passable in a gig scenario.

You won't be able to drop a single string though (as in Drop D), but you can drop all the strings by a tone or more. The less you down tune the better though, as the artefacts become more audible and the sound more "artificial" with each half step further you tune.

I find the axe the same if not slightly better than the digitech options. The EHX pedal I didn't care for either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried so many times to work with the pitch block in this fashion and for anything more than a half step it just doesn't sound or feel right to me. If you want to be able to change tunings on the fly the Line 6 JTV is going to be the guitar for you. Otherwise you will need a guitar for every tuning you want to play in especially for the tunings you have posted.

I have been playing with the JTV59 I picked up in June and so far it works pretty good for this, much more convincing and no latency. You're a trem guy right? the 89F might be right up your alley ;) check it out!

Doe any one use the the Pitch block to come up with good sounding detuned sounds for heavy tones? If so please be specific how you would set up at Drop C or Drop D tuning. Thanks!

there is a factory preset that is set to a full tone down, did you try it?

Back
Top Bottom