DESPERATELY looking for an ambient sound

Landon

I've researched and even tried myself to find or create an ambient tone but, am not getting anything near to what I want. Any thoughts, suggestions, patches, etc?

define "ambient sound"

the plex detune block is probably a good place to start. check the delay blocks in the link bradders posted above.

effects to achieve Ambient - tweak to your desire

Attachments

• Ambient Pad FX8-Chorus.blk
    244 bytes · Views: 18
  • Ambient Pad FX8-Delay 1.blk
    541 bytes · Views: 15
  • Ambient Pad FX8-Delay 2.blk
    541 bytes · Views: 19
  • Ambient Pad FX8-Multi-Delay.blk
    843 bytes · Views: 15
  • Ambient Pad FX8-Reverb.blk
    380 bytes · Views: 13
I've researched and even tried myself to find or create an ambient tone but, am not getting anything near to what I want. Any thoughts, suggestions, patches, etc?

I'm still getting the hang of good ambient delay tones (and will check the link provided) but as far as ambient reverbs, it is relatively simple:

- long tails
- low(ish) mix

For example if you go to sun plate, set the mix at 25% and the decay for 20s you should be getting pretty spacey out of the box. This should work for most of the reverb types available.

I play in a "post-hardcore" band where ambience is half the fun, and big riffs the other half. My "Afterneath" patch is the sun plate with a long decay time. There's some parameters I haven't really messed with which should affect what the tails do.

Experiment and let us know what you come up with!

While the information and presets on the forum are great, don't limit yourself to them. I constantly use videos on youtube and other effect tutorials using 'real' pedals when trying to get certain types of sounds and tones. The only thing you'll need to know is how the parameters on the effects used the tutorials correlate to the FX8 and what the equivalent parameters are.

IMHO ambient tones are the easiest to coax out of the Fractal units. Just the Deep Space with the appropriate mix/decay/mod settings is amazing

Back
Top Bottom