Desktop Enclosure Recommendation?

ToTheAtom

Hi, everyone. Long time Eleven Rack user here who just decided to take the plunge and order a new Axe FX II XL+. Very excited to receive the unit and join the community! I'm sure I'll have many questions for you all as I get started, but just one today:

I'm a very simple hobbyist musician that plays at home for my own enjoyment. No gigging or anything like that. Have been keeping the 11R right in front of me on top of my desk with a flat screen LCD monitor sitting on top. With the Axe, I'd like to basically do the same, but thought it might be wise to get a very simple enclosure to protect it.

I've seen some rather elegant 2U wooden enclosures out there, which seem like an excellent option. Unfortunately, I broke my budget purchasing the thing, so there's not much left over for this kind of accessory. Can anyone recommend a quality, affordable enclosure that would work well for my needs?

Many thanks!

Really should build my own, I agree, but would prefer not to on this occasion. Also, thank you for the offer above. That's a good deal, but don't need a 3U.

Went ahead and just ordered from David at www.nice-racks.com. Really nice guy. Would recommend, if anyone is looking in the future. Now, if I can only decide on the color of the stain...

Really should build my own, I agree, but would prefer not to on this occasion. Also, thank you for the offer above. That's a good deal, but don't need a 3U.

Went ahead and just ordered from David at www.nice-racks.com. Really nice guy. Would recommend, if anyone is looking in the future. Now, if I can only decide on the color of the stain...

I sure would build on before I spent that kind of $$ on one of those. But that's just me.

This is the one I bought some time ago:

Thon Studio Desktop Rack 4U Beech - Thomann Nederland

182909.jpg

+1
I love the rack i got. Beautiful and affordable

Heh, welcome. I had to be a little bit restrained in my comments on TGP, but the simple fact is you made the right choice :D Kemper doesn't have the quality and it's a pain in the ass workflow wise.

Hi, everyone. Long time Eleven Rack user here who just decided to take the plunge and order a new Axe FX II XL+. Very excited to receive the unit and join the community! I'm sure I'll have many questions for you all as I get started, but just one today:

I'm a very simple hobbyist musician that plays at home for my own enjoyment. No gigging or anything like that. Have been keeping the 11R right in front of me on top of my desk with a flat screen LCD monitor sitting on top. With the Axe, I'd like to basically do the same, but thought it might be wise to get a very simple enclosure to protect it.

I've seen some rather elegant 2U wooden enclosures out there, which seem like an excellent option. Unfortunately, I broke my budget purchasing the thing, so there's not much left over for this kind of accessory. Can anyone recommend a quality, affordable enclosure that would work well for my needs?

Many thanks!
If you choose not to get an enclosure or rack solution you will be fine mirroring your old setup. I ran mine with a monitor on top for two years before putting it in a rack, which I only did because I put together a rig with a Furman and a wireless with the intention if eventually gigging.

I was always curious about ventilation.
I mean there is ventilation wholes on the side of the unit, and when you put it in the rack like this you closing them. Is there a risk of overheating?

Back
Top Bottom