Deserted Island Artist...

If I had electricity on this deserted island to play music with I'd probably rather operate a ham radio and call for rescue.

Then I could listen to everybody again.

But if I'm playing this game I'd go with Led Zeppelin. Vocals and guitars and lots of variety from one band.

Since it's gonna be a desert island there's not going to be any power I'm gonna go with Seu Jorge. We will jam acoustic versions of Bowie tunes a la "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou". David Bowie's passing put that on my mind...

And I'll learn to speak Portuguese at the same time.

A bit surprised at the results. I expected the top answers to be Zep, Beatles, Stones. Secondaries Rush, Floyd, etc. Mostly classic stuff.

Snarky Puppy is fun. Just incredible musicians. Too ruthlessly Jazzy for me to listen to all the time, but...damn good.

Mine is Elton John. Anything from '70 - 82'. Spotty after that. I know that's odd coming from a guitarist, but I've wanted to be a good piano/keys player more than a good guitarist for years. But guitarists get the chix.

Probably something that would really occupy my mind, like Bach, or maybe Wagner... or something expressly more challenging like Miles Davis or Arvo Part.

Another vote for J. S. Bach. Just the sonatas alone (over 200 known works) would last for years.

Without a doubt, The Beatles. After 43 years, they're still my guys. There's so much to discover and pick apart. I was just listening to the White Album and heard some things I hadn't noticed before.

Without a doubt, The Beatles. After 43 years, they're still my guys. There's so much to discover and pick apart. I was just listening to the White Album and heard some things I hadn't noticed before.

This was my second. I'm still amazed at the amount of quality albums they put out. Almost every one of them would be considered a Greatest Hits Album by 99% of artists.

I hadn't considered Classical, but Bach, Haydn, and Mozart would be go-to's...some of the chamber pieces are amazing (and I love the instrument that many consider the rattling of bones...the Harpsichord.)

Good stuff all. Drive on.

Back
Top Bottom