Desert Wind Atmo Fx [Ultra]

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
I was trying to achieve something completely different, when I accidently created this Desert Atmo.
dunno if it's useful for anyone, maybe if you're playing in a Stoner Rock band and forgot to bring your intro CD to a gig.

If you turn the volume way down, you can also use it as a white noise generator to put your loved ones to sleep (and then rock out in the basement)... ;)

anyway, here it is

Attachments

• Desert Wind(3).syx
    2 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for sharing Don. Just seeing all the mazing things the Ultra can do makes me wish I could quit my job and just play around with this thing for the next 10 years. I just wish they would get axechange up and running again to get people sharing more patches again. I just think of my tiny little knowledge about this unit and am blown away by what more skilled/educated users can do with it.

Nice one. Though I don't see myself putting it to use live anytime soon, but you never know.... I used to play in a band that played a few spaghetti-western themes :)

What where you trying to make?

Jens

What where you trying to make?

I was attempting to morph between an EQ and a 'flat' setting. This way once you figured out the basic EQ curve, you could make it more dramatic or subtle without touching all the controls.
I guess I'll use the mixer block...

I second that! : Second awesome.
It sound just like passing wind! I mean, the wind!
I can't belive that's a guitar, hah.
"Mommy listen to the wind!"
"No honey, that's a guitar"
lol

wow wow wow wow ! that is was awesome!!!! please make a video tutorial on how to make this awesome sound I don't have my ultra anymore but I got the Axe II and would love to have this sound!

this just runs by itself, doesn't it (i just had a look at the routing). you could have control of the volume on a pedal. chuck an amp and cab in there too, on a side chain and you could play over the top. great for some spooky intros! (i could probably use it on Ride Like the Wind, by Christopher cross, next time we play it). thanks don!

thanks guys! :D

this just runs by itself, doesn't it (i just had a look at the routing). you could have control of the volume on a pedal. chuck an amp and cab in there too, on a side chain and you could play over the top. great for some spooky intros! (i could probably use it on Ride Like the Wind, by Christopher cross, next time we play it). thanks don!

yes, it runs by itself.
CPU wise there's more than enough power left for amp-cab etc.
might be fun to combine both signals at the end with the vocoder :twisted

please make a video tutorial on how to make this awesome sound I don't have my ultra anymore but I got the Axe II and would love to have this sound!

you could open Axe Edit and 'connect' it to your II.

then start a second Axe Edit, go to 'settings -> configs' and select 'Ultra' (this takes a minute or so)
and bingo - now you can import the Ultra patch into the second Axe Edit and copy (manually) the blocks, routings and settings.

what makes it 'tick' is a synth block set to white noise. Cutoff down to 1.6kHz and a little more Q,
LFO1 is set to Random, 0,10Hz and it controls the cutoff of the white noise a tiny bit, Scale 9,4% and 1000ms Damping.
The synth block is followed by a PEQ (set to some kind of bandpass filter - Shure Green Bullet mic) and a vol/pan block in parallel.
The PEQ's and the vol/pan volume are inversely controlled by LFO1 (PEQ's volume goes up, Vol/Pan volume goes down)

everything else is just fx and pink noise to make is sound prettier.

p.s.
it would make sense to control the PEQ and Vol/Pan volume with LFO2 set to random and a slightly different speed than LFO1, this way the filter opening/closing of the synth block would not be synchronous with the PEQ/Vol blend - it should make the whole thing more alive and less repetitive.

Last edited:
you're welcome.

I would have NEVER thought that this thread would get this kind of attention/replies! :mrgreen

p.s.
Boston - how I envy you.
I had the best time there! '94-'99 *sigh*
Berklee?

Last edited:
you're welcome.

I would have NEVER thought that this thread would get this kind of attention/replies! :mrgreen

p.s.
Boston - how I envy you.
I had the best time there! '94-'99 *sigh*
Berklee?

Hehe funny! I'm just graduating from Berklee this semester! good times indeed!

Back
Top Bottom