Demo IR's (BigBox)

good stuff, glad its all working. - as said, the site is still WIP, but that's ok as its just demo's at this point. - we wanted to get the website up as I did promise a Monday demo release. and did not want to disappoint!. - we can now go ahead and fix small issues and get this fully working ready for release! : )

Sorry I didn't see that.

Yes you need to create a new account, its a new site, dedicated to IR's etc. as Kemper profiles & Axefx presets wont mix so well : )

Sorry I didn't see that.

Yes you need to create a new account, its a new site, dedicated to IR's etc. as Kemper profiles & Axefx presets wont mix so well : )

Created new account. No luck. Exactly as described earlier by others, nothing happens other than page refresh.

Hey guys.

Firstly, thanks for trying the demos, but bear in mind they are only that.. just "Demos" and may or may not result in the final quality on release, as we are still dealing with everything behind the scenes.

A little about the presets..

These are Bundle Presets ONLY. (so you will need to use the latest FW+AxeEdit), they are setup to how I'd use them on a personal level + recording level. and they transl;ate well to a live stage setup too. - BUT... this means you will need to own them, make them yours, what I mean by this is that there is NEVER such thing as a cookie cut preset, no matter how hard I'd try It will never be a success, so I need to always work with massive values of the unknown. so please bear this in mind when playing them, you will need to adjust the gain + or - to suit your guitar (how hot the pickups are etc) - I left a bit of ambiance on all presets, so they can sound a little better when auditioning alone. but the good thing is, everything is tweeakable.

The thing to remember, is not to mess with the Amp+Cab section, as this is setup for that amp, for that speaker, and may (or may not) sound good if you start changing things around.

Anyway.. Im sure you get the idea here. : )

Hey there fellow IR dude! :) I was really interested in testing these bundle presets out and I love how they work in Axe-Edit. Who knows maybe I'll start adding these into my packs aswell. :)

Obviously as a fellow tweaker myself I know the problems with presets and like you said yourself there's no one preset that will work for all use cases. Here's a clip and I didn't tweak the presets at all. I only worked the volume knob. My PRS Custom 24 seems to be way too hot for these presets as I had to lower the volume knob to get the cleans to clean up. In the beginning you'll hear this pretty clearly. I split my bridge pickup and lowered the volume for that intro. Just to show you how it sounded straight out of the box I went to my humbucker on full volume so you'll see it's distorting quite a bit.

My aim is to bring you amps in a box.. not just cabs and zillions of files you need to worry about.. this is game changing, click+load and off you go!.

Enjoy

Your aim is good. There are many people who aren't tweakers or people who don't want to spend time tweaking. It's the time we live in right? People are used to Apple type speed and getting everything fast. This kind of feels like loading KPA profiles with the Axe-Edit right? I guess it's no secret that I'm not a preset type of guy. I've literally never recorded a single clip with someone else's preset before this clip. I hope the Axe-Fx doesn't change it's sound too much in future for your sake. I made some presets for Cab Pack 7 and 6 months later they are unusable although at the time they were almost inaudibly similar to one particular beard man's album tones.

Overall I think this is some of your best work IR wise. :)

A little tweaking and I was able to get some nice sounds. Everyone's set up is going to be different. I've found presets to be a good starting point and often a great learning tool.

Really looking forward to hearing demos, particularly for the IRs.

cool man , I look forward to trying them

I am one for sure who would pay for some already set up presets if they sounded great . I like to tweak but my time to tweak is really limited at the moment

Thanks all. and as I touched upon earlier. (and as CK mentioned too) between me and the beta testers, we have realized that they will always sound different, hence why I loosely use the word "preset", basically its a Starting point. - hell if I could press a magic button and bam! the perfect sound will shine down on thee, then, well, I would!. sadly though, we are in the mindfeild of gazillion guitar products, so I can only work to what I'm familiar with. - im using all my guitar arsenal to work with them, they range from Vintage tele's & strats to Lespals and EMG Equipped buckers for the metal stuff.

I tried to level the presets close to 0db as possible using the utility option on the AxeFX.

As said, you will need to own them, and treat it like an amp. use the gain, bass/mid/treb etc. and off you go, well at least that's the idea : ) - but the main point is that I know this, and you know this, that we are all on the same page from the start then its all OK.

But hey, that is just a poke at 10 of them, only another 450 or so to go through : )

Andy, I find this approach very intriguing. I love my Axe FX but Im not really interested in buying tons of IRs then spending the time to listen/test out each one. This "preset" approach is a good alternative. And reminds me in concept of how I like to buy profiles for my Kemper. Good idea!

2000 Jackson Soloist SL1 USA- EB Majesty - Suhr Strat - Les Paul Deluxe - Ron Kirn Telecaster - Esoterik DM3 - James Tyler Variax - Taylor 810e
Axe Fx 2 - Kemper
CLR

Last edited:
Well indeed, presets can be a lot of comfort to some people, and by doing this is I guess similar approach to the Kemper (and to what Im used to, not as a Kemper artist, but also as a Producer/Engineer) being able to address the full chain, not just a cab, or amp, but the entire spectrum. - there are indeed, many advantages to this, despite even if the presets don't work for you. the point is that someone has taken the time & effort to match things correctly.. and it does not stop there either....

If however you don't want to use any of the 450+ presets that are tailor made per amp/cab combinations then the IR's are still bundled with the release, so you can create your own cabs/mixes to go along with the 400 or so mixes I already made : ) - Best of both worlds really.

I dunno, its all highly experimental, being the guinea-pig on this for fractal means I will take the hit if things go south, But hey, ya gotta remain ambitious, and that's what Im doing : )

G'day,
Good theory...I'm going to go and check them out this evening. I guess one of your challenges will be keeping the preset sounds consistent from firmware to firmware. Thanks for that.

Pauly

Well indeed, presets can be a lot of comfort to some people, and by doing this is I guess similar approach to the Kemper (and to what Im used to, not as a Kemper artist, but also as a Producer/Engineer) being able to address the full chain, not just a cab, or amp, but the entire spectrum. - there are indeed, many advantages to this, despite even if the presets don't work for you. the point is that someone has taken the time & effort to match things correctly.. and it does not stop there either....

If however you don't want to use any of the 450+ presets that are tailor made per amp/cab combinations then the IR's are still bundled with the release, so you can create your own cabs/mixes to go along with the 400 or so mixes I already made : ) - Best of both worlds really.

I dunno, its all highly experimental, being the guinea-pig on this for fractal means I will take the hit if things go south, But hey, ya gotta remain ambitious, and that's what Im doing : )

thank you for posting demos.
I figured out that preset concept is not working for me. I keep in mind your words "not to mess with Amp+Cap", so I don't mess, just listen through patches. As a result those clean patches sounds nowhere nearly clean here, I believe that's because I use humbuckers.
Vintage amps patches sound great but metal ones sounds outdated to my ears, It sounds like metal from 90's but not from 2015
Demos doesn't make me feel like I want to purchase the whole pack. (I own your Legends pack and enjoy it)

I hope most people will like your approach. Maybe it's a good idea to explain which pickups you've used for clean patches at least, so people don't ask why it's not clean at all?

But anyway thank you for experimenting and giving us a choice, some people are always suspicious to something new, maybe i'm one of them :)

Well, I have such a range of guitars that the presets work one way or the other. I look forward to being the consumer guinea pig for this tonal experiment.

One word, 'demos'.

The presets are a nice taste and a good introduction, but hearing what you dial up and are able to get out of your IRs will help a lot.

Really looking forward to the release. It will obviously be massive!

I understand what a lot of you are saying, especially about the gain etc.. - Presets will work best naturally, with the guitar they are created for.. - however for "Demo" they are fine for an example, as it will make people discover things, rather than rely on things that are absolute..

For the final release, there are accompanying docs/spreadsheets that go into detail about all things, patches/speakers/amps etc. that will of course make a lot more sense than they do now.. sadly this is not ready for release otherwise I'd of added this for the demos.

I cant add this information to the patches as there simply is not enough room, but the docs will explain what guitars were used, so you can easy then accommodate your own guitar to that patch..

Also as said in first post, these presets are still WIP, and will possibly not reflect final quality.. and don't worry the presets are only 50% of the pie.. the other 50% is what you already know as IR's.. so its not like you are tied to anything globally.

Back
Top Bottom