Deluxe Verb crunch clean.

I'm not usually a fan of compression, hence my ability to hear it a mile off... :) But, I do use it on occasion despite that. I asked the question so I could know if the amp model itself was compressed (was hoping not). But, don't take this as a criticism. You sound fantastic. I just had my mouse ears on while listening and was being my usual over-analytical self... ;)

Very nice. The Plexi and Deluxe Reverb models gave me the most trouble on the Ultra and the II has come a long way to capture what 'I' hear from those icons. I had the privilidge of owning a real '64 Deluxe Reverb and the II comes damn close to what I remember. (The real one crunched more when turned up though..)

I hear a compressor on your track. Is it before the amp? What settings did you use?

I have an original 65 Deluxe Reverb in some closet around here. I'll have to dust it off one day and compare...

Hi Javilynch, does a real Deluxe need a compressor for that type of playing? Does the attack of the Axe II Deluxe model (and all the other models) react like "in your face" and need a compressor when a smoother kind of playing is wanted? My former Engl Screamer and Boogie Mark IV didn´t need a compressor when I accompanied a singer for instance with relaxed chords in the background. Then I don´t like sudden attacks that jump out of the speaker. And a compressed signal is always to be heard, even when it´s subtle.
Best regards - Norbert.

I can really play it without the compressor, as I said before, just limit a little, because when I attack the strings hard, had peaks in the daw. If you were to remove, just would be no difference, only the peaks.

Just like real thing.

Regards.

Last edited:
Great playing, excellent articulation, wonderful piece of music. Thanks for posting it. It will probably end up on my iPod.

Very good sound and played.

My first inspiration for playing around with intervals was Hendrix The same for you?

Nice! Love your playing! I agree with Sean. Would love to hear that reamped through the Shiva Clean and the Euro Blue. (my two current favorites)

Craig

So gorgeous man.

Totally dig it on so many levels.

Love the uncompressed version even more. Just breathes a bit more, more open.

Sounds amazing! I am on the waiting list for the AxeFX II however we are looking at moving house and the new mortgage will probably mean that I can afford it :( I still love my AxeFX Ultra and will carry on with that.

Keep these awesome clips coming as I love listening :)

Spence

Back
Top Bottom