Delivery of Axe-Fx III

FrankenStrat

Experienced
Ordered an Axe III on Tuesday and opted for 3 day delivery so I would have it to work on this weekend. UPS gives me a delivery window of 3:15 to 7:15 today. I get home at 3:00 and UPS has already attempted delivery. The icing on the cake: they will not let me pick up the package at the service center because the shipper has put a restriction on will call. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Can only get it released today if Fractal calls UPS and no-one is answering the phone at Fractal now.

What was supposed to be an awesome weekend of learning the Axe III just took a detour.:(

My problem. They left it in front of my neighbour down the hall's door, just in the apartment hallway. The package was "signature required" too. They left one of his considerably less valuable packages in front of my door.

I noticed when the tracking status changed to "delivered" and started frantically searching my building to see where it was.

What can you do? These things happen. Will get it Monday and play with it next week.

My problem. They left it in front of my neighbour down the hall's door, just in the apartment hallway. The package was "signature required" too. They left one of his considerably less valuable packages in front of my door.

I noticed when the tracking status changed to "delivered" and started frantically searching my building to see where it was.
Have this image in my head of you frantically running through the halls of your apartment building:D

Last edited:
Just went through this today. Contact sales so they can get UPS to hold it for you at your UPS service Center. I'm waiting for Monday as well. At least I still have my Axe II this weekend.

Unfortunately, the weekend collided with the delivery. By the time I found out that I needed to contact Fractal, they were gone for the day.

My wife always says “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference”. I am taking her advice here and rolling with this. Though this can backfire:

Wife: What in the world did you get now?
Me: Oh, that big box is a Friedman ASC-12, blah, blah blah
Wife: What...? Why...? Ok. You didn’t tell me you were going to do this. How much did it cost?
Me: Well, you see...
Wife: How @#$*%#@ much?!
Me: $899
Wife: What...!?!? Didn’t you just get some Axe thingy?
Me: Remember that thing you always say about serenity, courage and wisdom? You really need to work on your wisdom and serenity in this case
Wife: Remember the couch? Your wisdom just got you a night on it.

Last edited:
Just a tip....get your stuff delivered at your workplace.
If its a company address it will be delivered during normal work hours. I do it all the time. You will of course have to carry it home...but better than having to control your GAS for a whole weekend ;)

Wish I could. I work for a really big corporation. They have a policy that we cannot have personal packages delivered to work. We have over 12,000 people at our site and they say personal deliveries overwhelm receiving.

I am not good at controlling my GAS and I mean that in every possible way it can be taken.:D

Last edited:
This would be a good time for a '100 things to do this weekend' while you wait post.

I have a tip for ya as a spoiled married guy here (took a lot of molding her to my purchase behaviors).... do something nice for her while ya wait and then buy another ASC 12 on Monday.

@80sMetalDude,

Like your forum name. Like your style even better. I can see it now:

Wife: I thought you already got one of these!?! WTF!? Are you returning the other one?
Me: I wanted to give you an opportunity to practice your serenity and wisdom
Wife: Boy, you are going to get to know that couch really well aren’t you?

Last edited:
UPS does not do weekend resedential in my area (Except overnight and next day). Looks like Mark in Fractal sales got them to deliver my Axe today.:) I have never had another manufacturer intervene like that, on a weekend no less.

From what I understand they don’t let you call and reroute it because of credit card fraud. Too many people buying with stolen CC, and have it sent to the correct billing address. Then they call UPS and have it sent elsewhere so they can pick it up. UPS store etc, usually doesn’t check ID even, just walk in, say your expecting package and they hand it on over. You might not even know it happens til you see the charge.

It’s a big PITA for sure, but it’s sadly the way things work these days with fraud so rampant.

WOW !!
Amazon, UPS and FedEx all do weekend deliveries in my area..

Fedex Home Delivery does Tuesday thru Saturday, no sun/Monday. Ups can do Saturday for a few, and Amazon can deliver 7 days a week, though often using 3rd party delivery drivers

FedEx Ground and Express don’t do Saturday unless you pay extra, same with UPS, higher costs

USPS does Saturday of course, and if it’s Priority Mail, will often do those on Sunday, but not regular mail, which is Monday thru Saturday

Back
Top Bottom