Delete a Scene

andyp13

Power User
Howdo I delete a scene?
I have 4 scenes and wanted them in a different order so I copied them to scene 5,6,7 & 8 then copied back to 1, 2, 3, & 4 in the order I want... is there any way I can delete scenes 4 - 8
Or do I have to delete one block at a time and also erase the name of each unwanted scene.

Howdo I delete a scene?
I have 4 scenes and wanted them in a different order so I copied them to scene 5,6,7 & 8 then copied back to 1, 2, 3, & 4 in the order I want... is there any way I can delete scenes 4 - 8
Or do I have to delete one block at a time and also erase the name of each unwanted scene.
Don’t delete the blocks, scenes are a collection of channel states and bypass states (and maybe anything a scene controller is doing) for the preset, if you delete blocks you will be deleting them from the preset. Id just delete the name of the scenes (to avoid future confusion), switch back to my default scene, save the preset, and move on with my day.

there are always 8 Scenes. you can't ever delete them.

if you delete a block in one Scene, it deletes the block in all Scenes because a Scene does not control what blocks are available. the Preset determines that.

just don't click into the Scenes you don't want to use.

yes, you'll have to manually Delete the names of the presets you don't want to have names.

I do the same thing. I'll copy the most generic/simple of the scenes to the unused slots, so that a misstep on my FC doesn't cause any big issues.
I disable Out1 on every scene at the start, and only enable it if I’ve set up the scene, that way if i step on a scene and get no audio i know it’s not setup for use (also I don’t name Scenes unless they’re setup).

If I played live more i’d probably do the “most generic sound” thing instead, as an accidental misstep and going completely silent would be rather embarrassing admittedly ;)

I have a Template scene I always copy to new patches. The default setup for each Scene is always "all blocks bypassed except Amp and Cab blocks" and I give each Amp channel and each Cab channel its own Scene.

Scene 1: Amp 1A
Scene 2: Amp 1B
Scene 3: Amp 1C
Scene 4: Amp 1D
Scene 5: Amp 2A
Scene 6: Amp 2B
Scene 7: Amp 2C
Scene 8: Amp 2D

Same thing with the Cab blocks. That way each scene is basically its own clean slate. I can always copy and paste Amp and Cab channels if I want the same core tone in more than one Scene.

I disable Out1 on every scene at the start, and only enable it if I’ve set up the scene, that way if i step on a scene and get no audio i know it’s not setup for use (also I don’t name Scenes unless they’re setup).

If I played live more i’d probably do the “most generic sound” thing instead, as an accidental misstep and going completely silent would be rather embarrassing admittedly ;)

This is a great idea.

Howdo I delete a scene?

You don’t. Just erase the scene name (if you set one) and never use that scene again.
If you delete a Block in a scene, that Block is removed from the preset for all scenes.
Scenes basically just set the bypass state of a Block (or its channel).

Thanks chaps, I’ll just delete the scene names on 5 to 8.
I only use 4 scenes in my live setup
Clean, crunch, dirty, Heavy.... seeing 8 scene names on my Preset was putting me off....
Wish the screen names on the Axe III were much bigger to see when on stage, Did put it in the wish list but nothing materialised yet, though I’m sure at some point it will - A home screen with preset and current scene name in large letters :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom