Delays, modulation effects no longer working.

BobBrault

Inspired
This is the strangest thing. I was practicing and everything was working fine and I was switching from preset to preset. Now, all of a sudden, the delays, rotary, chorus, pitch and anything that is not drive does not work. Tried turning FX8 off and on, did a backup, restored a previous backup. Same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something? I've done 3 gigs with the FX8, so far with no issues and need to do a gig tonight.

Update: Any of the presets that I've created have this issue. Some factory presets modulation effects work fine and then some don't.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bob

Last edited:
This is the strangest thing. I was practicing and everything was working fine and I was switching from preset to preset. Now, all of a sudden, the delays, rotary, chorus, pitch and anything that is not drive does not work. Tried turning FX8 off and on, did a backup, restored a previous backup. Same issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something? I've done 3 gigs with the FX8, so far with no issues and need to do a gig tonight.

Bob

Bob,

How are you wired all PRE, all POST, or 4CM? What is your PRE/POST configuration? Typically, we see this when people are wired all PRE and they are using a preset that is setup as some combination of PRE/POST (4CM).

Hi Joe,

When I gig I usually wire 4CM. Today, I'm going into my computer with PRE/POST wired together. It was working fine. Then this came up. I'll try 4CM right now.

Update: You are right. It's working fine with 4CM. Any ideas why it was working with PRE/POST jumpered and then dropped out?

Feeling good again about my gig tonight...LOL

Thanks Joe!

Hi Joe,

When I gig I usually wire 4CM. Today, I'm going into my computer with PRE/POST wired together. It was working fine. Then this came up. I'll try 4CM right now.

Update: You are right. It's working fine with 4CM. Any ideas why it was working with PRE/POST jumpered and then dropped out?

Feeling good again about my gig tonight...LOL

Thanks Joe!

Bob,

That doesn't really make sense. Can you tell me exactly how you had it wired? CPU overload is the only thing that will automatically disable blocks. Given your description, that does not sound like what is going on. How is your BYPASS configured (PRE, POST, or ALL) on the CFG page? I feel like we are missing something.

This is the way I had it going to my computer that I use to practice with headphones using an amp sim. An example of a preset that had an issue, Bypass = All and all blocks set to PRE.
PRE-POST.jpg

This is the way I had it going to my computer that I use to practice with headphones using an amp sim. An example of a preset that had an issue, Bypass = All and all blocks set to PRE.
View attachment 27176

Ahhhh. All is clear now. If you are going jump PRE to POST, try this:

Guitar->IN PRE OUT PRE->IN POST OUT POST->AMP

Update: Any of the presets that I've created have this issue. Some factory presets modulation effects work fine and then some don't.

Bob

Bob, I had exactly the same issue. A short jumper cable from Out (Pre) L Mono to In (Post) L, with the Out (Post) L going to the amp works great and solved the issue. All the effects work and you don't have to change anything in the Config for when you operate 4CM

Back
Top Bottom