Delays Distorting

MKeditor

Experienced
I am finding that my delays distort if I play aggressive. The dry signal isn't clipping, but the delay is. Could it be because I created the patch from older firmware?

MKeditor said:
I am finding that my delays distort if I play aggressive. The dry signal isn't clipping, but the delay is. Could it be because I created the patch from older firmware?

1. is the drive on the delay turn up
2. is it before or after the amp?
3. is it an odder signal routing where you can be hitting the delay with a really strong signal (like using the feedback send/return or someother parallel routing?)

javajunkie said:
MKeditor said:

3. is it an odder signal routing where you can be hitting the delay with a really strong signal (like using the feedback send/return or someother parallel routing?)

1. No
2. After
3. Straight line.

MKeditor said:
javajunkie said:
MKeditor said:

1. No
2. After
3. Straight line.

Do you have the hi-cut set low?

The input to the Delay block will clip if the signal exceeds 18 dB re. fullscale. Now normally you shouldn't be anywhere near that but if you have the amp block level set very high then you could hit +18 dB. My guess is that you have the amp block level set high and then you're knocking the signal down later on to prevent the outputs from clipping.

Back
Top Bottom