Delayed response?

So I have the fm9 hooked up to Logic Pro x with a usb cable, and I have the sound coming out of desktop monitors as I play. After a few minutes of playing, the sound will be delayed by like 2-3 seconds after I play a note. I strum a chord on the guitar and i don’t hear it until a few seconds later. It’s really annoying. I keep plugging the usb in and out to fix it and it starts again a few minutes after playing. Any ideas?

No they’re connected to the Mac desktop. I’m thinking it’s a Logic Pro issue since the fm9 and fm9 edit runs smoothly on the same cable.
so you're software monitoring the hardware. this can cause delay over time.

for most USB audio interfaces, you connect the monitors to the interface so there isn't any latency.

so you're software monitoring the hardware. this can cause delay over time.

for most USB audio interfaces, you connect the monitors to the interface so there isn't any latency.
So you’re saying connect my speakers directly to the fm9? I don’t want to do that. I’m hearing the fm9 into Mac/logic into monitors so I can play along with tracks. The fm9 input is assigned to its own track so I can record at any moment. Why would it cause a delay?

So you’re saying connect my speakers directly to the fm9? I don’t want to do that. I’m hearing the fm9 into Mac/logic into monitors so I can play along with tracks. The fm9 input is assigned to its own track so I can record at any moment. Why would it cause a delay?
because your computer is translating the FM9 sound over USB, through the DAW, then back out analog to your speakers. compare that to playing through the FM9 and having it come directly out of speakers connected to the FM9 - no computer converting from analog to digital to analog again.

you can monitor the computer playback through Output 1 of the FM9 as well over the USB cable.

or you can connect the FM9 analog outputs to another audio interface where the speakers are connected.

Back
Top Bottom